Senior Backend Engineer
Fans love Midnite because of all the epic ways to win. Unlike the alternatives, Midnite doesn’t feel like a website built 20 years ago. Our customers use our world-class sports, esports, and game wagering platform to interact with the games they care about. As a Senior Backend Engineer in the Engineering department, you will take ownership of all backend development working in a close knit team of experts in design, frontend development and trading.
Our tech stack is implemented in Python, is hosted on AWS and includes Flask, Socket.IO, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, SQS and Ansible. All our code is linted, tested and automatically deployed to our test environment. We ship to production multiple times per week. Knowledge in the above technologies is preferred but not necessary, willingness to get up to speed, being a great problem solver and upholding high engineering standards is what is important to us.
- Write robust, maintainable, testable code in a timely manner (we move very fast!).
- Ensure technical architecture is consistent with our roadmap.
- Uphold high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebase and processes you will encounter.
- Provide mentorship to your colleagues.
- Help us hire great software engineers.
- 5 or more years experience in working with web based applications at pace.
- Worked with top in class team and experience scaling products.
- Familiar with startup culture.
- Ideally you'd also be an Esports fan!
- Experience building data pipelines.
- Solid experience in distributed systems
- A ground-floor role in which you’ll be integral to our company culture and help shape the direction. You’ll be part of a growing community of Midnite employees, partners, investors, and advisors, all focused on our common goal. We love to do things together with regular company-wide meetups, games night, and team retreats.
- Grab a piece of the pie. We offer competitive equity packages, from performance-based stock grants to Employee Stock Purchase Plans that allow teammates across the globe to feel like they own the place.
- Comprehensive Health insurance via Vitality so you can stay healthy.
- 25+ paid holidays and use-what-you-need sick days.
- Paid maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid).
- Generous stipends for headphones and your remote work setup.
Our team combines years of experience building world-class betting technology with deep esports and sports domain expertise. We are as intentional about building a durable company and inclusive culture as we are about perfecting our product, and are serious about flexible work and professional development.
Midnite is a next-generation betting platform that is built for today’s fandom. We are a collective of engineers, quants, designers, and marketers who all share a passion for esports, sports, and gaming. We exist to bring fans together and enhance their interactions with their favourite games through the rush of winning money. Whether you want to back your favourite football team or put some money down to win your next game in Call of Duty, Midnite lets you get some skin in the game. Designed and built from the ground up with the newest technologies, we made Midnite for all levels of fandom. Making Midnite intuitive, immersive, and immediately understandable is hard work. But we believe that by keeping this our north star, we can make something truly awesome.
We are backed by some of the world’s top investors that have brought you companies like Draftkings, Betfair, Revolut, Just Eat, and many more. With a central hub in London, we are a remote-first team spread out across the world all working together to shape a new era in wagering. Join us and become part of a passionate group of builders who are obsessed with crafting exceptional products for fans all over the world. We'd love your help.