Java Software Engineer
At Gaggle, we help schools prevent suicide, self-harm, violence, and bullying. We are looking for a Software Engineer (remote; US-based) to join our distributed team. You will help design, build and support the software that our customers and employees use to protect kids and save lives. At Gaggle, we come as we are, quirks and all. We believe that everyone has something unique to offer, and we can all learn and grow from each other's experiences.
Note: At this time, we are only able to consider candidates that are citizens of the United States (or have an active Green Card) and living in one the 50 states.
What will you be doing?
You will be working on a small development team, in an Agile (Kanban) environment, to design, build, deliver and support backend and frontend software solutions dealing with real-time content processing and storage. You will also have many opportunities to modernize legacy codebases.
Must have 2-5 years of experience using Java and Spring.
Languages & Technologies Used (Proficiency Expectation)
- Java 8+ (Proficient) - have a firm grasp of language, OO principles, and some experience with Spring Boot
- SQL (Advanced Beginner) - Understand how to query from multiple tables in an efficient manner
- Python (Novice) - used to support CI/CD and IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Docker (Novice) - understand Docker containers and how to use them
- AWS (Novice) - services used: AppSync, CloudFormation (with CDK), Lambda, DynamoDB, S3
- Novice: I have minimal or textbook knowledge of the topic
- Advanced Beginner: I have basic knowledge of key aspects of the topic
- Competent: I have good working knowledge of the topic
- Proficient: I have a deep understanding of the topic
- Expert: I have an authoritative knowledge and deep understanding of the topic
The position will offer a competitive compensation package composed of a salary commensurate with the candidate’s level of experience. Employee benefits include, but are not limited to medical, dental, and vision and participation in Gaggle's 401(k). US-based, home office (remote) capabilities required.