We’re looking for an experienced mobile developer to join the Stripe Identity Verification team to build an iOS SDK which enables businesses to extend their identity verification experiences into native mobile apps.
Before Stripe, every growing internet platform had a payments team. Today, every growing internet platform has an Identity team. Identity verification is a core piece of economic infrastructure for online businesses. Great Identity solutions can help platforms automate the process of satisfying regulatory obligations while keeping their users safe. Join Stripe to build a service that empowers platforms to take the burden and cost out of identity verifications and scale globally with ease.
This SDK will make use of native capabilities such as camera, GPS, and hardware acceleration. A rich user experience matters and we will invest in a conversion-friendly customer journey with meaningful animation.
- Design and build the Stripe Identity iOS SDK
- Develop new features and continuously refine the integration experience for this SDK
- Contribute to the overall design, look and feel of Stripe Identity Verification end user experiences including pushing the state of the art forward in motion design and interactivity.
- Collaborate with mobile developers who work on Stripe SDKs and Stripe Terminal to help set best practices for mobile development across the company
- Work with user research to understand users and address their needs
- Improve engineering standards, tools, and processes
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- 5+ years shipping products with at least two years of experience developing iOS applications and/or SDKs
- You’re passionate about building tools for developers and businesses
- Good familiarity with iOS AVFoundation and CoreML frameworks
- Experience building high quality user experiences using CoreAnimation
- In addition to building apps, you’ve built or contributed to open-source libraries, and enjoy the art of API design.
Please Include These In Your Application:
- Links to any apps you’ve released in the App Store or libraries you’ve written.
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc).
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.