Senior Backend Engineer
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our Positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
Remote is fully remote (ah!) and we love Working Async. This means you get to do your own schedule no matter the timezone. The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in The Remote Flow.
The team you'll be joining: 50 engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, SRE and QA. We're organised into product teams composed with engineers, designers, product managers, operations and finance, each dedicated to achieving the same goals in a specific domain.
- For this role you won't need Elixir experience but you will be working with Elixir.
- One month training and ongoing learning on the job will be provided.
Must have (professional experience):
- 4 years (minimum) working as a Backend Engineer
- Postgres (or similar)
- Redis (Similar)
- CI/CD (GitLab, Github, Jenkins or similar)
Nice to have
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- (async) Application is reviewed by our VP of Engineering
- Interview with our recruiter
- Interview with an Engineering Manager or VP of Engineering
- (async) code exercise. You will be adding functionality to an existing Elixir application (you're not expected to spend more than 4 - 6 hours)
- Interview with the team (without any manager in the call so you can really get to know the people and ask all you want to ask)
- (async) Offer