Senior Fullstack Engineer
At Runa, you will be a platform engineer - someone who solves real engineering efficiency and developer experience problems through an efficient application of your technical knowledge and your tools. You’ll be part of one of our multidisciplinary squads, where you will build both back-end and front-end systems, as well as platform services, client libraries and developer tooling while working closely with designers, delivery managers, stakeholders and data analysts.
Sr. Engineers/Tech Leads
- Role: Owns the development and rollout for an entire product, or large project. Champions process (Scrum, TDD, etc). Writes tech specs and identifies risks before starting major projects. Sets standards. Goes out of their way to reduce complexity. As needed, takes on additional “Engineering manager” responsibilities for driving an initiative to completion. Will lead technical teams of 2-5 engineers through various projects, being accountable for the technical outcome and quality of the work being produced by others.
- Anti-patterns: Doesn’t delegate. Always says “yes” and suffers burn-out. Jumps into execution without careful consideration. Lets details slip through the cracks. Fails to raise awareness of projects at risk or people-problems. Doesn’t follow new technologies or industry trends.
- Experience: ~5+ years
- Sr. Engineers/ TL take ownership over a whole product (e.g. an entire application, suite of services, platform, library ecosystem). In addition to delivering solid and maintainable software, they understand company dynamics and good process. They take on the (thankless) work of project management and process oversight. They keep the trains running on time.
As a Tech Lead at Runa you will partner with delivery managers, engineering managers and product owners to lead the product delivery of new features and solutions for Runa’s internal customers. You will focus on building tools that enable your developers to execute with excellence. You will focus on the developer experience, the tools and pipelines that make your team effective.
- Serve as a Technical Lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the existing content supply portfolio of applications and services.
- Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the Software stack.
- Determine root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions.
- Remain current on new technologies; evaluate and make recommendations as necessary.
- Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling, and staffing.
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
- Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes.
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of programming experience.
- Programmed in Node.js (TypeScript), C# (.Net Core), Ruby (RoR) for the backend(at least one)
- Open to learning and implementing best practices in new languages in a polyglot environment
- A deep care and passion for designing the most delightful APIs and Interfaces
- Broad experience designing, programming, and implementing large information systems.
- Experience in extracting, packaging, publishing and maintaining software components and libraries as well as their support ecosystem
- Experience in building developer tooling
- Experience in architecting and building as well as selecting from third parties and integrating platform services such as authentication, messaging, mailing, etc
- Sense of decision to buy vs build as necessary
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues.
- Leadership experience 3+ years
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties