Senior Frontend Engineer
Clever was founded four years ago to change how real estate is bought and sold. We connect home buyers and sellers with experienced, local real estate agents — and help them save thousands along the way.
Our customers usually find us through our portfolio of websites, where we publish engaging digital content to over 10 million readers per year. Our content has been featured on Forbes, NBC, PBS, Politico and hundreds of other major media outlets — and it's all powered by a cutting-edge React / Gatsby technology platform.
Behind the scenes, our Agent-Matching service is also powered by a suite of technology products — including our Customer Portal, Agent Portal, and trade-secret Agent Matching Platform (AMP) — that have helped drive Clever to 300% growth in just the first half of 2021.
As Clever continues to grow and develop, we’re excited to expand the tech platforms that already help thousands of customers navigate their real estate journey. Our Product Team has been fully remote since before Covid: expect to join a collaborative, fun and fast-paced team!
Minimum 4 years of relevant full-time frontend engineering experience required.
We’re a tight-knit and fast-growing team committed to making an impact. Our people come from diverse, and often unconventional backgrounds. We’re all united by our love for our customers, passion for supporting our team, and dedication to building a better real estate journey.
THE SKILL SET
- 3+ years professional experience coding in React
- Bonus if you’re comfortable working with other Clever technologies like: Tailwind/SCSS, Jest/Cypress, AWS, LAMP Stack or Python
- Experience working in an engineering team with code review, version control and sprint planning processes
- You write clean, well-tested code that is easy for team members to understand
- You are able to plan systems with an eye towards making them abstract and adaptable, to accommodate use cases that haven’t been discovered yet
- You think in terms of tradeoffs and alternatives, and don’t get stuck with the first way you thought of implementing a feature
- You love collaborating with product and business stakeholders, and understanding the “WHY” behind your work
WITHIN ONE MONTH YOU’LL
- Begin your onboarding with a talented team of engineers and product managers, building strong bonds and working relationships
- Learn about Clever’s sales, marketing, and product teams, and gain a clear understanding of Clever’s business model
- Collaborate with other engineers to break features into tickets and plan 2 week sprints
- Get comfortable with Clever's engineering workflow, taking features through development, testing, code review and release
WITHIN THREE MONTHS YOU’LL
- Build confidence launching new features across Clever's web platforms and backend tools
- Collaborate with engineers and product stakeholders to develop tech specs and plan out new features
- Begin to specialize and develop deeper ownership over a few key products or technical systems
WITHIN SIX MONTHS YOU’LL
- Help Clever achieve over 300% growth in 2022, empowering our team of concierges and content creators with cutting-edge technology
- Support our fast-growing product org by researching and implementing best practices for our codebases and development flow
- Play a key role on a senior engineering team, building out technical systems that are tested and planned to scale with Clever long-term
- Salary range: $100k - $160k, commensurate with experience
- Competitive PTO and Company Paid Holidays
- Health, vision, and dental insurance (fantastic coverage)
- 100% employer-covered life insurance
- 401(k) plan
- 100% remote work
- Company-provided equipment
- Pet-friendly HQ in St. Louis
- Flexible hours
- Welcome gifts and end-of-week gifts for high-performing employees
- Incredible opportunities for growth and mentorship at a VC-backed startup