Senior Back-End Engineer
Who we are
Crowdcast is the online events platform for businesses, creators and people at large to bring their community together. We've had massive growth over the past few months as people all over the world move their events online. Every month, millions of people attend events ranging from Q&As to workshops, live shows, meet-ups, webinars, online concerts, & online summits. Our customers range from big companies like Adobe, IBM, Twilio, & HP to creators like Mos Def, Amanda Palmer, MIA, System of a Down & Jacob Collier.
We believe technology can be used to bring people together & bridge divides. We're empowering people to share their ideas at scale, bring their communities together, and make a living in the process.
We're a profitable, remote-first, and long-term thinking company. You could say we're a zebra company.
Who you are
You get a kick out of imagining what's possible and then realizing it through code. You have a not-so-secret obsession with solving complex problems. You're aware that your job isn't over when that code gets deployed.
You have high integrity, are self-motivated, and a life-long learner. You're not afraid to dive into uncharted territory and are open to updating your opinions based on new information. You have strong written communication that is thoughtful and clear. You're constantly pushing yourself to grow and become the most authentic & full expression of yourself.
You've spent years refining your engineering skills and now you want to do work that truly makes a positive impact on the world. You're looking to help build a company that's directly empowering people while being profitable and sustainable. You balance creating impact today with long-term goals, and you want to play a key role in an early team. You're motivated to help build a team you love working with and a culture that you're proud to be part of.
What you'll do
- You won't be just another engineer at a giant company. We're a small tight-knit multidisciplinary team, and you'll be directly involved in shaping the product & culture.
- As a core member, you'll be integral in the architecture and development of the platform.
- You'll work with a supportive team to get things done with the right mix of quality and agility.
- We're pushing the boundaries of what's possible with live video using web technologies and have built some incredible tech that allows us to host interactive low-latency live video at scale. You'll be a core contributor, and you'll have the opportunity to experiment with innovative new solutions.
- You'll work with the latest technologies that power the web. On the back-end, you'll work with Node.js, Typescript, AWS, Docker & more. All of these are subject to change with time and your input.
- We value ownership and the ability to take an idea through all of the stages from conception to shipping a product. As an engineer at Crowdcast, you'll be highly independent and autonomous. There are no bosses.
Your skills & experience
- You've seen the good, the bad, the ugly, and the just plain weird sides of the internet.
- 6+ years of engineering experience. Comfortable working across distributed systems. Have solid engineering fundamentals (CS degree a plus, but not required).
- Strong experience with serverless technologies including AWS Lambda & AWS EventBridge
- Very proficient in server-side languages and a track record of running micro-services in production.
- Experience with relational databases (postgres) as well as document-based data stores (MongoDB, DynamoDB).
- You have multiple years of experience managing non-trivial software running in the cloud (AWS or others).
- Experience working with infrastructure-as-code tools such as AWS CloudFormation, AWS CDK, and others. You keep up with the ever-changing landscape of web application stacks and cloud platforms.
- You love to build resilient services that are reliable, scalable, and maintainable. You're obsessed with security and performance.
- You value creating and updating great documentation.
- Bonus: Experience with GraphQL.
- Bonus: You know your way around working Kubernetes, Docker, and other containerized services
Benefits & Perks
- We are fully remote
- Salary range is $100K-$140K + Equity
- Healthcare Coverage (including dental, vision, and life)
- Flexible hours – We're remote-first, you pick when you work
- Annual Retreats
- Paid Maternal/Paternal Leave
- Uncapped Vacation Policy – Take time off to take care of yourself
- Flexible PTO & Sick leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Monthly Health and wellness stipend
- Work gear and home office setup stipend