Senior Software Engineer
Serving tens of thousands of healthcare providers and over 17 million patients, DrChrono was the first EHR to build a native app for the iPad and iPhone. We’re the only official Apple Mobility Partner for healthcare, the youngest company to be included in the US Government Precision Medicine Initiative, the #1 EHR as voted by doctors, and the #1 mobile EHR as voted by Black Book. Our products can be completely tailored to any medical practice—small, large, enterprise, or specialty—and are open to third-party innovation via a robust API.
Our people and the enthusiasm for healthcare is contagious. We’re one of the most tech-forward healthcare players in the EHR industry and our philosophy “more time with patients, less time doing paperwork” drives constant innovation throughout the company.
Most recently, as DrChrono sought to support physicians and patients through the Covid-19 crisis, the engineering team successfully launched a telemedicine product in just weeks.
DrChrono Engineering plays a critical role delivering innovative products from inception to mass adoption. You’ll be able to use your expertise and creative talents to build things working closely with product, design, and other departments. We have the mind and soul of SaaS startup and you’ll be able to build world class software that delights users and can scale to millions of people. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fluid start-up environment and will bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to their work. You could be an experienced engineer or a recent graduate eager to learn and get involved at all stages of the development lifecycle.
Our Engineering Organization is currently hiring 5 Senior Software Engineers to join our organization across the following teams:
Help to write the code that medical providers use at the point of care. Electronic Health Records are at the center of what every provider does on a daily basis and includes items like clinical notes, prescriptions, and labs
Providers cannot effectively help their patients if their practices are not managed correctly. In this area you will develop features that help the medical practice schedule appointments and communicate with the patients as well as managing their internal workflows
You will develop the code that allows patients to view their own information from the practices that they patronize. This is the online interface that allows patients and doctors to communicate directly to each other.
You will write the code that allows providers to be paid! All of our practices rely on the ability to use the software in order to get paid and thus this is a primary component of our product.
You will work on the newest feature of our product that allows patients and providers to communicate remotely. Here you will work on all of the technologies that connect those who need care to those that can provide it.
We also have a Mobile Team, Dev Ops Team, and will be hiring our first QA Lead.
PS: If you're reading this and interested in joining our organization, but are earlier on in your development career, please keep an eye out on our careers page as we'll be listing further positions in early 2021.
What you'll do:
- Create products & features that make it easier for doctors and their staff to run an efficient medical practice
- Continually offer thought-leadership and dependable execution ability in a high-paced environment characterized by ongoing iteration and product pushes
- Play a key role in product development, help shape direction of DrChrono feature set
- Take complex and thorny practices and processes and build beautifully simple and maintainable software
- Design & write software to help manage and automate the complexity of running a private medical practice
- Help build scalable programs that standardize information flow and increase operational capacity
- Be part of a close-knit engineering team that ships new code to make a meaningful impact in healthcare
- Implement automated and exploratory testing processes that provide continuous feedback on quality issues; find ways to break our web application before their public release
- Implement internal and public facing pages on our website
- Mentor and train new engineers
What you'll need:
- Hacker strong with CS fundamentals from Bachelor’s in CS, engineering, related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Experience building products for fast growing web or mobile products
- Must have at least 5-8 years of professional experience developing in Python where your code was pushed into live production
- Ability to manage conflicting project demands and thrive in a small start-up environment
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment & a bias for action
- You work as part of a team and care about building scalable and maintainable systems
- A product-first approach to building software. You care about the real world functionality of your programming
- Experience writing production backend code in Python (preferably Django)
- Strong sense for UI and UX and the ability to work cross-departmentally with our Design and Account Management Teams to bring new concepts to live
- Experience writing apps backed by relational databases (e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL)
As a DrChrono employee, you'll have access to the following benefits:
- Medical benefits w/HSA match
- Retirement savings & 401k match
- Ginger (mental health)
- Aaptiv (physical fitness)
- Headspace (mental health)
- Physera (physical therapy)
- Kinside (childcare services)
- Employee recognition program for personal milestones
- Torch leadership coaching (general leaders)
- Plato mentorship (engineering leaders)