Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere (Opera Browser, Ecosia, etc) giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
We’re a remote-friendly company, passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
Everything! DevOps Engineers are like Swiss Army knives - a fit for every situation.
The DevOps section of our IT Operations department is a small team of Infrastructure Engineers that run the development, test, and production infrastructure at eyeo. We are the ones who keep the lights on and the engines running. Our team is quite diverse; we value transparency, honesty and fairness.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Monitor production infrastructure, mitigate incidents
- Automate provisioning and similar processes
- Design, implement and roll-out new infrastructure modules
- Integrate first and third-party components
- Support other technicians like administrators and developers
- Continuously improve code, processes and service quality
What you bring to the table...
- Great Linux knowledge (preferably Debian)
- Experience with troubleshooting disk I/O, network I/O and other common bottlenecks
- Proficiency in at least two programming languages
- Knowledge and professional experience with an infrastructure-as-code automation engine
- Well-versed around version control
- Understanding of infrastructure virtualization, network security
- Good understanding of web-related protocols within the OSI model
- Ability to mitigate various IT incidents
- Fluency in written English
It's awesome, but not required, if you have...
- Knowledge of Ansible, Puppet, git, cryptsetup, libvirt, Python, shell
- Experience in producing maintainable code
- Familiarity with container technologies and infrastructure orchestration frameworks
- Worked with or as a system architect
- Worked with or as a software architect
- Fluency in verbal English
- Education and certifications in the field to underpin your understanding
What we offer
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 paid vacation days on top of your local holidays
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under 6
- Off-site team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons