Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
We’re evolving and continuing our mission to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Providing a delightful and relevant experience to our users applies to our Ads like all of our offerings, and we’re excited to build a product that is best-in-class for our users and advertisers. The year ahead is a busy one - join us!
The Ads Targeting team is focused on building the next generation of ad targeting products. As a member of this high velocity team, you will have the opportunity to own multiple product surfaces and create quantifiable impact to support Reddit’s mission. You will also collaborate with data scientists to analyze and utilize the power of big data from the Reddit platform. Some example tasks you would be working on include:
- Design, build and improve scalable data processing pipelines and data analytics services for various customer facing targeting products.
- Develop low latency targeting systems that would retrieve user/post profiles and analyze to make targeting decisions for ad serving .
- Build insight tools to better understand targeting performance.
- Build performant data stores that would be used for ML systems and ad serving.
As a member of this mission driven team, you will have lots of ownership and impact to shape our ads business to support overall Reddit's mission. Technologies you might work with include:
- Languages: Go, Scala, Python
- Frameworks: Baseplate, Spark, Flink, Thrift
- Datastores: DynamoDB, Redis, Druid, Kafka, BigQuery
- Tools: Kubernetes, Airflow
If you appreciate real technical challenges and you'd like to be part of the team that transforms Reddit Ads into a world class platform and a highly effective marketplace, come join us!
- Work with product managers to research, design, implement, test and deploy ads products.
- Collaborate closely with the platform and data teams while building new features or new models
- Lead the processes needed to improve operational stability, including improving code quality, delivering dashboards and data visualizations.
- Build extendable components that would align with the product objectives.
- Support day to day project management tasks including communicating project updates, managing project timelines and overseeing project execution.
- 3+ years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (Java, Scala, Python, C++, Go).
- Relevant experience in data processing or data engineering.
- Good understanding of large scale backend service design.
- Able to take complete ownership of a feature or project.
- An interest in the advertising business and understanding customer needs is a plus.
- Ads or ML experience
- Experience in building business intelligence and tools.
- Data analysis background or skills.
- Proven ML experience working with cross functional teams (product, data science, etc)
- MSc or PhD in computer science or related field