Senior Android Engineer
Post - US
Posted: a month ago
We’re looking for a Senior/Principal level Android Engineer to help us build and polish the Post.News mobile app.
This role is Remote within the U.S.
We are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Meet Post: A Social Platform for Real People, Real News, and Civil Conversations.
Remember when social media was fun, introduced you to big ideas and cool people, and actually made you smarter? Remember when it didn't waste your time and make you angry or sad? When you could disagree with someone without being threatened or insulted? We want to bring that back with Post.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working alongside a small, scrappy, mission driven team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify, prioritize, and implement new features and enhancements.
- Ownership of development end to end.
- Making an impact on an exciting new-comer to the online social space.
- Design and develop complex Android application using Java and Kotlin.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of Android applications.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in Android development.
- Proven experience in designing and developing complex Android applications from scratch.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and frameworks, frameworks, including Android Jetpack, Retrofit, Room, and Material Design.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, JSON, and XML.
- Experience with version control tools such as Git.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team..
- Start-up experience.
- Experience with social applications.
- Enterprise Social Networking experience.
A Little About Us:
- Post is an extremely mission driven company.
- Enriching environment focused on diversity and inclusion.
- Post is still small and organizationally flat, meaning everyone, regardless of level/seniority is an individual contributor.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Unlimited PTO with 4 weeks recommended per year. Expect “Vacation?” in our one-on-one agenda until you start taking it.
- Remote first. Unlimited co-working passes (e.g. WeWork) as needed.
- Top notch health insurance for you and your dependents, plus FSA, DCFSA, HSA, STD, LTD, basic life insurance coverage and free membership access to One Medical.