We are a team of passionate thinkers and builders committed to enabling more people and institutions to gain exposure to Decentralised Finance and crypto. At Oasis.app, we are driven by the core values that guide us:
- Build the most trusted place to deploy capital into DeFi
- Create with our superpower of transparency in mind
- A borderless Oasis
We are a remote-first business, with most of our team spread across Europe and a few of us in the Americas and Asia. We operate under Oazo Apps Limited, a company incorporated and registered in the United Kingdom.
Oasis.app is going through an exciting growth stage, having raised a $6m Series A round in February 2022, and we have ambitious growth plans for 2023 and beyond.
We're seeking a talented Full-Stack Engineer to join our team and help us build cutting-edge solutions for DeFi. As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will play an important role in shaping the definition, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. You will collaborate with Product Managers and Designers to turn vision into reality. You will work alongside a distributed, cross-functional team of talented Software Engineers to develop, test, and maintain high-quality code across our applications and libraries.
On the front end, we use Next.js with TypeScript, RxJS, and Storybook with Theme UI. We leverage RxJS observables to create a view state by polling contracts on the blockchain directly, composing with user events. We use Mocha and Chai for automated testing.
On the back end, we have caching layers written in TypeScript with SQL and NoSQL, exposing GraphQL endpoints. For our stop-loss, auto-buy and auto-sell automation features, we use NestJS, PostgreSQL, and Redis. And Solidity for smart contract development.
- Develop and maintain high-quality code for our web applications and libraries
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and stakeholders to design and implement new features
- Optimise the usage of open libraries in the app to ensure scalability
- Perform unit testing and debugging to ensure the reliability and stability of our applications
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in web development
- Minimum 4 years of working experience as a Full-Stack Engineer, with knowledge of professional best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Deep knowledge of Next.js with TypeScript, or equivalent experience with another React based framework
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Good understanding of RxJS
- Passion for DeFi and Blockchain
- Curiosity about leading-edge technologies and new models of DeFi markets
- Collaborative mindset and willingness to share knowledge with others
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Competitive fixed annual salary and yearly performance bonus
- Employee share options and performance equity
- Paid time off: 5 weeks per year (or more if you need it), public holidays and 2-week end-of-year break
- Freedom to choose the best-suited place for you in our company with the ability to develop vertically (seniority) and horizontally (new areas of expertise)
- Annual company retreat and participation in industry conferences fully covered by us
- Engineering tools of your choice
- Monthly subscription perks - can be anything you choose, from gym membership, fresh flower or fruit delivery, Netflix/Spotify/gaming subscription, etc.