Node.js Backend Developer
Luckbox is an esports betting platform built around the ethos of ‘Esports Betting Done Right’. As we continue to grow our team, we immediately require qualified candidates to expand our backend team.
We are currently looking for more specialized candidates, who can bring relevant backend expertise and know-how. We’re aiming to improve the code quality, architecture and performance of our backend services, while also doing active product development. We’re focusing on quality and doing things right.
- Participation in and providing input to all phases of product features development - from inception, through API design to implementation, feedback and adjustments
- Responsible within their team for feature implementation
- Providing specific technical feedback to the team lead
- Responsible for collaborative in-team code review under the guidance of the team lead
- Responsible for collaborative in-team technology research - reviewing third-party libraries, tools, APIs and selecting the most appropriate tooling alongside the team lead
- Proficiency with backend development technologies:
- HTTP protocol
- Web servers (nginx preferred)
- MySQL or other RDBMS
- Web frameworks
- Message-queue-based communication (RabbitMQ preferred)
- Experience with Node.js (at least 1 year)
- Proficiency with Git
- Experience with automated software testing tools and methodologies
- Sportsbook software development experience
- Comfortable working in a programming pair
- Experience in a micro-services environment
- Experience using TDD
- Software architecture understanding - (Clean Architecture preferred, acquainted with DDD principles)
- Existing software optimization experience
- Experience with agile software development
- Experience with project management tools
- Software development/technical background
- Interested in games/esports
- 3-6+ years of relevant experience in total
During the Covid-19 pandemic, the whole company is working fully remote. Depending on the epidemiological situation, this full-time position can be based on-location in our office in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. However, a fully-remote position in general is also possible - occasional travel to Plovdiv, Bulgaria may be required.
Luckbox is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.