The software industry moves fast. Larger scale. Endlessly growing teams. Fragmented, dependency-driven services. We're building at unprecedented scale, and we've never collected or exchanged data at this level. Data is valuable, and protecting it is more important than it's ever been.
Data security and privacy is paramount; data leaks, data breaches and new privacy laws are commonplace and implore all of us to find a solution, today.
We believe that the best companies will leverage these challenges as a competitive advantage to drive their business, and we're focused on building the #1 data security platform to help them achieve this mission.
Bearer is backed by the best European VCs (Alven, Point Nine, Partech)
You'll join our experienced team to develop new features in our project, using the latest additions to Rails, such as ViewComponents and Stimulus JS, to build the frontend components and interfaces needed in our product.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Turn our Figma dreams into reality
- Help expand and maintain our frontend components and design system
- Work with our Product Designer to make tradeoffs on delivery time vs value
- Be the owner of the UI (HTML / CSS / JS) and mentor the team on complex UI and interactions
At Bearer, we subscribe to the idea of the Majestic Monolith. That means we don't use React or have some kind of API - you could even say that we have a Frontendless Frontend.
- 2+ years of experience as a Frontend Developer
- Eye for detail when it comes to implementation of designs
- Strong HTML / CSS
- Exposure to a JS Framework
- Experience with Tailwind
- Interested in Ruby on Rails
- Located in the EU or in the UK
Nice to have
- Experience with StimulusJS (and Hotwire in general)
- Experience with View Components
- Experience working on a SaaS Product
- Ruby on Rails
- Hotwire (Stimulus, Turbo, Turbo Stream)
- Docker / EKS
- GitHub Actions (CI / CD)
As part of the Bearer team, you will also get:
- A competitive compensation package, with a salary ranging from €60k - €80k/year + Equity Package (or 400€-600€/Day + Equity Package, if you'd prefer to join as a contractor. Everyone gets the same perks!);
- The chance to join a highly skilled team of software engineers;
- The opportunity to have an impact on a fast-growing organization;
- Work from (almost) anywhere.