Senior Back End Engineer
We’re a data technology studio that focuses on helping our clients create operational change (faster) with their data. We’ve worked inside some of the world’s largest companies: Walmart, Zappos, Tyson, Chick-fil-A, H-E-B, and many more.
Our mission of creating better futures isn’t something we just seek for clients, but for ourselves as well. We are proud to be a collective of high-performers that champion necessary change when we see it. We strive to model new (better) ways of working within our own company — taking a people‐first approach to everything we do.
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work for four years and made Entrepreneur’s list of “Top Company Culture” winners. We’re also proud to have made the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest‐Growing Private Companies for four years running (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Back End Engineer (Typsecript) to join our ranks. At RevUnit, you'll have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of people by empowering them to work better through the products and platforms we build. Our teams are working together to transform enterprise technology, delivering work to people all around the globe every single day. If you value collaboration, exploration, and taking ownership in your work, our team has what you're looking for.
In this role, you will be part of a cross-functional product team comprised of product owners, designers and technologists. The team will be working together to support an enterprise client as we work to reimagine the ways in which technology comes to life for their employees. We are working to improve user experiences and modernize the technology that powers them. You will need to be a self-starter with the drive and ability to help us move forward, even in the absence of clear direction.
Our engineering team is a diverse and deeply talented assembly of individuals coming from various experiences ranging from startup to enterprise. We value these experiences and the level of breadth and depth they add to our collective technology stack. If this sounds like the kind of thing that inspires and motivates you, we'd love to hear from you.
- Experience providing technology leadership for your product team - you will be responsible for the team's technical design decisions and alignment to engineering best practices.
- You are pragmatic in your approach to developing digital products, can pivot the team as needed, and know how to ship.
- You push your team to work better by establishing shared practices, continually providing feedback, and emphasizing technology decision-making.
- 3+ years' development of back end web applications using Typescript and similar technologies.
- Agile - you will be a member of a cross functional agile team. You are an active participant in the team's core ceremonies - standup, sprint planning, story pointing, retrospectives, and sprint demos.
- Ability to dig in and understand legacy code. A part of reimagining and re-engineering systems is the ability to learn and take advantage of what is already there. You have a knack for inspecting code bases and finding opportunities to simplify and optimize the solution.
- Familiarity with the Agile and Lean frameworks
- Experience in an agency environment
- Experience partnering with nearshore/offshore teams
- Expertise designing and building solutions for processes improvement/modernization, data intelligence/visualization, and up-skilling systems at scale.
- RevUnit pays 100% of your individual premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, and both Short and Long-Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- 401k matching program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Unlimited paid time off
- 8 Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- All Hands Meetings (All-Company in-person 2x per year. Focus on skill development, team building, and celebration.)
- Monthly stipend for snacks/food
- Company laptop, monitor, and accessories