Senior iOS Engineer
Radar is connecting digital experiences to the physical world with a location platform for every app, every device, and every developer. We help enterprises like T-Mobile, American Eagle Outfitters, and Zappos increase engagement and improve operations, powering impactful location-based experiences for over 100 million end-users.
Our team has backgrounds at companies like Google Maps, Foursquare, and Facebook. We are backed by top investors including Accel and Two Sigma Ventures. We are currently 30 employees based out of Brooklyn.
About the role
We're looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to build open source mobile infrastructure. Over the past year, the Radar SDK has been installed on over 100M devices worldwide. It is open source (iOS), and interfaces with CLLocationManager to expose new primitives to make location data simple.
You'll also work on the Radar Toolkit, a developer tool that is live in the App Store. Likewise, you'll work closely with our Product Engineers to build end-to-end experiences that empower developers to build location into their applications. Think "Crashalytics for location".
This mode of work would be ideal for an engineer that's interested in acquiring new skills. We find it to be more efficient and interesting than being siloed in a single stack. We also have a collaborative engineering culture that allows you to learn new and complex things from your team and vice versa. You'll face exciting scaling challenges, working in a small team with lots of autonomy and impact.
You will report to our Engineering Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Work on core Radar mobile infrastructure built with Objective-C, Swift, as well as wrapper SDKs written in React Native, Flutter and Cordova. (iOS SDK)
- Have your work run on 100's of millions of devices.
- Build out new experiences for the Radar Toolkit (App Store)
- Build new Mobile Applications to enable developers to build location into their applications
- Build customer facing features across multiple different mobile platforms
- Own the build pipeline of the SDKs
- Continuously search for solutions that have 80% of the impact, but 20% of the cost
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Experience building iOS infrastructure
- Your own unique talents – we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all the qualifications
You’ll work with:
- Nick Patrick, CEO
- Tim Julien, CTO
- Craig Kochis, Engineering Manager
- Charlene Lee, Senior Director of Product
- Our Software Engineering team!
- Remote-first until at least July 2021
- Competitive compensation package and equity plan
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with 100% premiums covered for you
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy