Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
What you’ll do
As a frontend engineer on the Efficiency team, you’ll be a part of a high performing team to build tools that help Stripes optimize our cloud utilization costs. Your decisions will have a significant impact on Stripe and on the productivity of engineers. There’s a lot of work to make our tools more productive, performant, responsive and deliver insights to drive engineering decisions, and we’d love for you to be part of it. Our users are other engineers, so we constantly get feedback that we can use to make our systems better.
Our work has an immediate and measurable impact on the effectiveness and happiness of Stripe engineers.
- Design, build, evolve and maintain efficiency tools related to infrastructure costs, profile visualizations, system utilization, metrics dashboards, and more.
- Own and drive changes to deliver powerful insights from raw data
- Measure and improve responsiveness while munging large amounts of raw data
- Devise and maintain key metrics dashboards, that allow for user specific customization
- Solicit feedback from users to influence feature roadmap
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js frameworks
- Experience with HTML / CSS
- Experience with REST API’s
- Experience with building responsive visualizations
- Knowledge of SQL