Full Stack Laravel Developer
Front-end | Back-end | Full Stack Genius? Are you a Full Stack Laravel Developer ready to make an impact? We folks at Car & Classic are on the hunt for an extraordinary talent like YOU!
Seize this opportunity to join our fully remote, globally distributed dream team and revolutionise the way high-performance, scalable applications are built for large-scale marketplaces and beyond.
Car & Classic, we are Europe’s largest classic vehicle marketplace, we have thousands of monthly user-generated listings showcasing iconic cars such as James Bond's Aston DB5, Elvis Presley's Cadillac & John Dodd’s infamous 1972 The Beast. Under new VC-backed ownership since 2018, the company is on a remarkable growth journey that you want to get on board with.
At Car & Classic, we value our culture, which is built on diversity, inclusion, and high performance. Our team, established from the ground up, has forged strong connections despite being fully remote.
We prioritise having fun while striving for excellence. You don't have to be a car enthusiast to join us, but for those who are, this is an exciting opportunity to combine their passion with their profession
About the role
Are you ready to build applications that'll leave our petrol heads and classic car enthusiasts bidding for more? As our Full Stack Laravel Developer, you'll be designing and implementing top-tier applications that will make a lasting impression on our platform.
You'll need a deep understanding of both front-end and back-end development to create applications that are truly exceptional. With your pixel-perfect approach and expertise in building high-scale websites and marketplaces, you'll be able to build applications, products and services that push the limits of what's possible here at Car & Classic, Europe’s largest classic vehicle marketplace.
So put the pedal to the metal , apply now and let's get in the race!
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
- Building REST API-driven web applications such as NuxtJS or NextJS with SSR-first comes natural to you.
- Great Laravel skills
- Experience with high-volume websites with peak loads
- Speed-junky and obsessed with getting 100% Lighthouse scores
- Handles Eloquent/ORM with MySQL/PostgreSQL in an efficient way and know how to debug slow queries.
- Automated tests using Cypress.io, PHPUnit, Jest or similar are a natural part of your daily work
- Building re-usable Components with Storybook using React or Vue gives you joy
- Maintaining CSS frameworks that are lean & easy to work with
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- Designed REST-based web applications using Nuxt or Next for high-volume sites
- React Native apps
- Domain driven development experience
- Deep knowledge how SSR works
- Skilled in other language(s): Golang, C/C++, Python, Java
Please know that this list is indicative. We’re looking for awesome humans even if you are only a 60% match. Skills can be learnt, but awesomeness generally can’t.
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Competitive Salary up to £65,000
- Stock options
- All the equipment you need to get the job done
- Flexible working - work where and when you want in order to get the job done
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill
- Professional development allowance
- Income Protection
- Life Cover
- Smart Health
- Generous parental leave
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up