Senior Software Engineer
Disney Streaming Services is a best-in-class media streaming technology company powering several of the largest streaming properties in the world, such as Disney+ and ESPN+, and is paving the way for next-generation media and sport technologies. As part of the Disney Streaming IAP Team, you will work on building software that powers entitlement and activation of in-app purchases made on third-party stores.
The Activation team is committed to both engineering excellence and personal well-being. Some things you can look forward to as a member of the Activation team:
- Co-workers who are committed to finding the right tools for the job, while leaving their ego at the door
- Focus on never disappointing the customer, even when things go wrong
- High value placed on code quality and understanding the true requirements
- A fanatical drive to build systems so resilient that we never get woken up in the middle of the night
This position can be either in-person (eventually) at one of our offices, or remote. The Activation team has members across the US and takes a remote-forward approach to our day-to-day to ensure we have the best people for the job, no matter where they are located.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- The opportunity to work on a bleeding-edge technology stack.
- The opportunity to work with a world-class team of Software Engineers.
- The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex apps and systems.
- The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by tens of millions of people.
- The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Amazing perks and benefits
- Craft software for backend systems using Scala, Akka, Play, Golang, AWS, and more.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing, and maintenance).
- You are comfortable as an individual and collaborative contributor.
- You have experience with Java, Kotlin, or Scala.
- You have an understanding of software development fundamentals, and you aren't dogmatic about technology choices.
- You preferably have knowledge/experience with AWS services (ECS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, etc.) or other cloud providers.
- You have knowledge of relational and/or NoSQL DBs, and RESTful web service development.
- You are comfortable building automated testing at different levels (unit, integration, functional) and building resilient applications that handle failure gracefully.
- You have experience in design principles (object-oriented or functional).