Senior Software Engineer
Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating amazing experiences and unforgettable memories - from hotels, city breaks and holidays to theatre, entertainment and spa days. Experts in brightening up online travel, lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, "whatever makes them pink".
lastminute.com is part of lm group, publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry. Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 60 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services
We are a digital travel company, with tech at its core, currently looking for motivated problem-solvers who will embrace the end-to-end responsibility of building,delivering and evolving relevant products.
As senior software engineer in lastminute.com, you will work in our Product Engineering team and directly impact the lives of a global population of travellers. You will be involved in building and developing our own scalable and resilient platforms to support an ever growing number of customers.From the first day with us, you’ll experience working in a company with “growing-sharing culture” with a lot of opportunities to improve existing products, bring new ideas to life.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Design, write and test high-quality software by using a range of practices like TDD, DDD, Clean Code, SOLID Principles
- Create resilient, secure, and performant applications able to serve millions of requests per day
- Define the best technical solution and infrastructure for new features together with architects, always focusing on CI/CD
- Be responsible for the quality of the delivery
- Use tech expertise to proactively find solutions to solve complex issues, understanding and considering the business needs
- Contribute positively to the team´s technical growth, sharing your technical knowledge by interacting with your peers in the day by day activities
- Make real impact Influencing and guiding engineers working in the whole product engineering department
- Collaborate effectively with engineers, architects, and stakeholders from multiple teams to solve complex problems to deliver end-to-end solutions
- Strong experience as a Software Engineer programming in OO/FP languages but preferably in JVM: Java or Kotlin
- Previous experience working with Clean code,SOLID principles and TDD,-DDD,
- Strong analytical skills an ability to take decision based on data
- Ability to understand the business requirements
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Growth mindset
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
- previous working experience in startup or product company
What we offer
- Possibility to work in an international agile environment using eXtreme Programming practices
- Bleeding edge technology stack (Java and Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes and more ...)
- Continuous learning program with technical internal sessions
- Access to online learning platform like O’Reilly
- Possibility to join conferences around Europe for continuous improvement
- Coding Dojo: a weekly training to learn and share coding techniques during office hours
- LM-Talks: our very own knowledge sharing internal sessions
Candidates for this position can generally expect a hiring process similar to the following one (please consider that based on location and availability the process can be slightly modified).
- Qualified candidates receive feedback concerning their application from our Recruiting team
- Based on role and experience, candidates might be requested to solve a coding exercise to submit on a public repository on Github. Exercise will be assessed by our internal Engineering team
- Systems Design Interview: We will use an online whiteboard to design a solution to a given challenge
- Systems Design Interview Follow-up: We will continue working on the previous challenge with other architects at lastminute.com
- General Interview: We will have an one hour talk about technical stuff, personal experiences and analyzing possible production scenarios
- You’ll have the opportunity to meet our technical leaders and understand a little bit more about our continuous learning environment!