Senior Frontend Engineer
OpenClassrooms is a company with a mission that has set itself the ambition of making education accessible to everyone, everywhere.
We bring together a community of over 2 million students passionate about tech topics. As such, we are now the first online school in Europe and Africa and offer 100% online diplomas recognized by the State.
We are very proud to have been certified B Corp (an international label that distinguishes impact companies) and to have joined the French “ Great Place to Work ” ranking in April. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second year in a row.
Very recently, we announced a new fundraising round of $ 80 million. This will allow us to invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible around the world!
At OpenClassrooms, Frontend Engineers enjoy making our users’ lives easier and know how to add that extra something that makes people want to thank them every day!
Today, we are creating new squads. Being part of one of these cross-functional teams, you will work together with a Product Manager, Product Designers, Backend, other Frontend Developers and a QA Engineer. You will report to an Engineering Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Write frontend unit tests (Jest)
- Review and comment on your teammates’ pull requests
- Design a user interface with strong components
- Optimize page rendering
- Propose new ideas to improve and iterate on our product
- Assess the impact of your ideas
- Evaluate development workloads
You will be reporting to an Engineering Manager.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB If
- You love optimizing, especially on high-traffic websites
- Continuous integration and deployment is, for you, the best way of working
- You love to learn, improve yourself, and give and receive feedback
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
- You can communicate both orally and in writing in both French and English
- You have at least 4 years of experience as a Frontend Developer
- You are familiar with technologies such as :
- Or more!
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a culture based on agility, openness, respect and performance
- Competitive salary
- Mutual fund fully paid by OpenClassrooms and free access to a medical teleconsultation platform
- Access to vocational training supported by OpenClassrooms
- Reimbursement of transport costs (Navigo Pass paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Swile restaurant voucher card (contribution from OpenClassrooms to the maximum authorized by law)
- Gymlib subscription paid by OpenClassrooms
- Unlimited leave and after one year of seniority, bonus of 1000 euros once a year for taking more than 15 consecutive days of leave
- Possibility of working remotely (“Remote first” policy)
- A company MacBook
- First exchange with a member of the Talent Acquisition team
- Videoconference interview with the person in charge of the position
- An exchange about your technical skills with the Tech team
- Video-conference interview with 2 people from your future team and/or cross-functional teams
- Exchange with our CTO to expose you to the challenges to Tech
- At the end of the recruitment process, we will ask you to provide us with professional references