At Slab, we believe that knowledge is the foundation of any organization's success. When a team's collective knowledge is accessible, that team's potential is limitless. That's why we're making the workplace a source of learning and purpose through knowledge-sharing. Our product helps teams easily create, organize, and discover knowledge across the entire company, from non-technical to tech-savvy. Thousands of customers rely on Slab across their entire workforces, including Asana, Benchling, and Fivetran.
As a small product-focused company, you'll join a team of experienced engineers, working on shipping features that delight users, fixing issues that get in their way while keeping our codebase, infrastructure, and tooling modern and well-maintained. We are globally distributed, with processes that minimize meetings and overhead, letting makers build on the maker's schedule.
Technologies we use
- React + TypeScript + Sass
- GraphQL + Apollo + Absinthe
- Elixir + Phoenix
- Postgres + Redis
- Docker + Kubernetes
- Google Cloud Platform
Sound like you?
- You have a strong technical background, with experience solving complex engineering challenges
- You love delighting users with great product experiences and resolving issues that get in their way
- You're curious to learn and demonstrate the ability to do so very quickly
- You communicate with clearly and concisely, whether with teammates or users
- You are self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic
- You are passionate about knowledge-sharing and identify with Slab's mission and values
What we value:
- Stay lean - We strive for the greatest possible impact with the fewest number of employees. We empower our teammates with the most leveraged tools and efficient processes.
- Default to open - We encourage and nurture open exchanges of knowledge and ideas — while acting with respect and regard for each other.
- Think rigorously - We act and execute after careful thought and examination of known information, while acknowledging the risks we accept in its absence.
- Say no - We aim to deliver exceptionally high value in a small set of focus areas. We willingly abstain from good ideas to give only the most promising paths the attention they deserve.
- The best prevails - Whether an idea or an individual, the best will rise to the top at Slab. Ideas we pursue can come from anywhere, and individuals gain responsibilities due to outperformance.
- Global optimization - We believe that our mission — to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose — is the ultimate priority, above any single project, team, or individual.
- Full health insurance (USA) or stipend (International)
- Wellness & remote work stipends
- $5k workspace setup, renewed biannually
- 7-year options exercise window