Shop This City is a multi-store, multi-brand searchable locator tool for boutique fashion and lifestyle shoppers.
Our core product is a mobile application that allows users to search for clothing, beauty and lifestyle items in local boutique stores that have partnered with us. Allowing us to present live inventory of thousands of items searchable and sortable by location, brand, style, and more. We will be expanding to offer tools to our partner stores, brands and trend reporting to industry stakeholders, as well as working with new cities. Our products target the problematic space of clothing retail online, which suffers from very high return rates and low consumer confidence. We promote “Browse digitally, Shop locally”.
Shop This City is looking for a skilled backend developer with intermediate-level experience in NodeJS and familiarity with PHP to join our growing team. As a backend developer, you will be responsible for designing and building microservices that support our software products and B2B tools.
This is a full-time remote position, but candidates must be located in British Columbia, Canada.
- Design and develop scalable microservices in NodeJS that support Shop This City's software products and B2B tools.
- Develop and maintain backend services in PHP to support legacy systems.
- Work closely with the front-end development team to ensure seamless integration of microservices with the user interface.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify, design and implement solutions to improve user experience, performance and scalability of our applications.
- Write and maintain unit tests and documentation for developed code.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues in the production environment.
- Participate in code reviews, provide constructive feedback and ensure adherence to coding standards.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, technologies and best practices in backend development.
- Intermediate-level experience in NodeJS and familiarity with PHP.
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform is desirable.
- Experience with software application development in a production environment and modern CI/CD tools is essential.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or sufficient equivalent experience
Shop This City offers a flexible work environment, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a supportive team culture.