Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Core Experience team at Reddit is focused on bringing a modern and cohesive experience to all of Reddit’s platforms. We want Reddit users to experience best-in-class UI/UX on every platform. Reddit should be intuitive for new users and delightful to use for existing users. As an Android Engineer on the Core Experience team you can help us deliver incredible experiences to our users and build tools to enable other engineers to do the same.
What We’re Working On
- Driving new features from end-to-end through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration.
- Crafting a modern user experience for accessing content and communities on Reddit.
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences.
What We Are Looking For
- Expertise in Java or Kotlin with 3+ years of experience within Android development.
- Sound software engineering fundamentals.
- Embracing the challenges of building data intensive, highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps in the constrained environment of a smartphone.
- Willingness to buck trends and learn new ways to build software.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- Experience building at least one amazing Android app with a team from start to shipment.
- Build experiences and create the patterns for Reddit’s official Android app that improve our core flows like browsing posts, commenting and creating content.
- Partner across product, design, and engineering teams to innovate and implement sophisticated solutions to complex challenges.
- Participate in the full Android development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy.