Senior Full-Stack Developer
Here's the scoop:
We're looking for a passionate Full-Stack Developer to help us build the next generation of GovSpend, a well-funded civic startup disrupting government procurement by aggregating, indexing, analyzing, and otherwise transforming government purchasing data. We're a Code for America Accelerator company and have an incredible team of seasoned executives and engineers. We work hard but maintain a casual work environment with a strong culture as a tech startup. As a new member of the GovSpend family, you'll work closely with our senior team members to implement critical pieces of our modern, forward-thinking architecture – learning many new technologies as you touch every part of the application’s source code.
We are looking for someone who...
- Is passionate about web development and related technologies.
- Has the curiosity to research and learn new technologies and skills.
- Demonstrates determination in tackling complex projects and finding solutions.
- Employs positive thinking and is able to work constructively in a team setting.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or similar strongly preferred. Proven work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience writing modern single-page web applications, ideally with React and MobX (or redux).
- Understanding of functional programming (solid lodash or ramda experience may be sufficient, real Category Theory for bonus points).
- Experience with NodeJS.
Exposure to NoSQL (Mongo, ElasticSearch, and/or Redis Preferred).