Backend Software Engineer
nOps mission is to enable rapid-growth organizations to build, manage, and run a well-architected AWS cloud infrastructure that is cost-optimized, secure, reliable, efficient, and operationally excellent. And, to help keep it that way through continuous compliance. nOps is an Advanced Technology Partner in the AWS Partner Network (APN), an AWS Marketplace Seller, and has achieved Cloud Management Tools Competency status. The company was founded in 2015 and was previously spun out of nClouds, Inc.(‘nClouds’), an award-winning APN Premier Consulting Partner. nOps is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Our back-end team is moving boldly forward with data and event-driven, microservice based architecture, and we are looking for inspired, top-level engineers who thrive on taking ownership of major feature-sets and seeing through to production. You’ll work closely with our data team and have every opportunity to research and apply your cloud expertise to drive modular, automated solutions that remediate and optimize customer’s environments in real-time. We rapidly prototype and test our ideas with customers and let the market drive our solutions, and we need engineers who think and develop at a systems level.
- Interact with our Databricks datalake to develop meaningful recommendation API’s for our customers.
- Develop end-to-end solutions that leverage our message based architecture and deep integration with key AWS services to automate using tools like Lambda, Eventbridge, Systems Manager, terraform, and Helm (automated changesets).
- Deep involvement in design, testing, and maintenance of features and services.
- Collaborate on infrastructure, security and efficiency
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive functionality to enhance the user experience.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- 5+ years Python experience.
- Expert in public cloud and cloud native technologies.
- Solid understanding and deep knowledge of Django, Celery, DRF, Docker.
- Deep understanding of message driven architectures using tools like Kafka.
- NoSQL experience, Redis and ElasticSearch in particular.
- DevOps experience is a plus.
- Rust experience is a plus.
- Experience working with a fully remote team.