Back End Developer
Splyt is the leading B2B global lifestyle services network. We integrate ridehailing, transfer, scooter, bikesharing and food delivery suppliers into superapps and travel platforms. A single integration with Splyt enables users with a seamless one-stop-shop experience, without additional app downloads. Our trusted partners provide quality-assured, local services in over 2,000 cities and 150 countries. At the heart of Splyt, is a diverse team that originates from 25 different countries and speaks over 20 languages. We are remote-first, with social hubs in London, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, and Tokyo.
Working with us
We are a remote-first company, with a fun, diverse and enthusiastic bunch from all corners of the world (with 25 nationalities and 20 languages spoken amongst our employees). We live and breathe our values of Ingenuity, Independence, Collaboration, and Laughter. Our exceptional culture is underpinned by an empowering, collaborative learning environment where our people are constantly stretched and growing to be high-performing and, most importantly, happy.
We are made up of small autonomous squads. This allows every Splytter to contribute to the team vision. Our technical arsenal is diverse, however we develop exclusively in TypeScript as we value cross-team collaboration.
In your role as Back End Developer you will help us to build new/maintain existing back office microservices, assist making back office teams more productive in their day to day jobs by automating processes and supporting tools, and help the existing team to move to and maintain a serverless-first architecture. As part of our team, you will evangelise Splyt’s mission, culture, and values whilst being technically hands on in building the world's leading lifestyle marketplace.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, build and test new functionality for our lifestyle services marketplace and supporting projects
- Contribute to the team’s various projects such across verticals such as ridehailing, micromobility and more
- Work independently on projects and deliverables, guided by our product and business development teams
- Supporting back office teams to make their work lives more productive and enabling them to perform their jobs better
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies through training and professional development
- Please note that you will need a stable internet connection for this role
Who we are looking for:
- Proficient in Node.js for backend development
- Previous experience working with MongoDB
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes (or similar containerisation technologies)
- Exposure to microservices
- Practical knowledge of Typescript considered a nice to have
- Experience writing unit/functional/e2e tests
- Knowledge and industry experience using a cloud infrastructure platform (we use GCP) highly desired
- Firm understanding of object oriented and functional programming as well as common design patterns/anti-patterns
- Someone based in Europe (for timezone purposes)
- A stable and reliable internet connection
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Fully remote working
- All the equipment you need
- Home office set up
- Lots of discounts on everyday lifestyle items
- Annual training allowance
- Fun, regular team events & host of other benefits