Senior Software Engineer
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
We are looking for an experienced C#, API developer with a deep knowledge of the .NET / .NET Core ecosystem and associated development environments. This position will work cross-functionally with Development, Product and other groups in an Agile-based development environment, to deliver best of breed APIs that cater to a global audience of internal and external consumers. This hands-on position requires broad competence and technical knowledge of C# Web API development, as well as demonstrated experience with .NET Standard, .NET Core, SQL, REST API, and caching strategies. The qualified candidate will develop, integrate, and optimize new and existing high performing, enterprise back-end services and APIs.
- Develop functional, efficient, and well-structured code, and test artifacts
- Address performance and caching concerns and global experience expectations
- Collaborate with the Web, Mobile, and Product teams to understand the vision and establish competencies that move at the pace of the business
- Demonstrate knowledge of caching technologies and methods to increase efficiency
- Works with technical leadership to create and enforce coding standards and best practices for tools, processes, and development standards for efficient interactions between teams
- Ensure deliverables are met with high quality, including those on tight timelines
- Partner with other business units to ensure priority, data, usage, and cross-functional alignment
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in related discipline with 5+ years’ experience in related field - OR - MS/MA and 3+ years’ experience in related field
- Displays a high level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and inter-departmental challenges
- Ability to make prompt, sound decisions when faced with complex and often contradictory alternatives that result in successful outcomes
- Self-driven; strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
- Strong object-oriented development experience
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL Database platforms (SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience designing and developing intuitive, scalable solutions for global applications
- Experience with version control systems and CI/CD processes (Git, Mercurial, SVN – Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Adaptable to engage in both development and testing tasks as needed