Blockchain application development is hard.
Fewer than 1% of developers have experience with this technology but it is increasingly clear that everyone on the planet will be positively impacted in the coming years by blockchain, as meaningful applications are built and adoption increases.
SettleMint is here to make blockchain application development easy for developers, by providing the best high-performance low-code platform for blockchain development for enterprise and public sector.
We abstract away complexity so developers can devote their time and efforts to building game-changing solutions for a better tomorrow.
We are a venture-funded global scale-up, and we recently closed our series-A funding of €16 million, co-led by Molten Ventures and OTB Ventures. We reached a new phase of growth, and we are now going to expand our operations and teams really fast, with clients in financial services, retail, manufacturing, and public institutions across the globe, and offices in Europe (Belgium), MEA (Dubai), India (Delhi), and APAC (Singapore). We work closely with our growing network of partners in all regions enabling them to quickly deliver solutions to their clients.
We are a remote-first company, we work async (so you can focus on the actual work) and we empower our team members to take ownership of their work.
We hire the best talents in the blockchain space and we trust their ability to do a great 100%!
Skills, values alignment, and cultural fit are equally important to us, as they will enable top-performing team members to rapidly grow their careers with us.
If this sounds exciting to you, go ahead and apply for this role!
About the role
We are looking for a Node.js Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Fluent both in written and spoken English
- Previous experience in blockchain development is a big plus
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks (Nest.js)
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiar with GraphQL and the Apollo ecosystem
- Knowledge of NoSQL and SQL databases and data stores (Mongo, Postgres, Redis) and its ORM's (TypeORM/MikroORM)
- Experience with message brokers (RabbitMQ)
- Comfortable with CI/CD pipelines, setting up web servers (nginx), and container technologies (Docker).
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent by experience
Benefits of working at SettleMint
- Be part of the Blockchain / WEB3 revolution
- Dynamic but stable scale-up, with the mission to make blockchain accessible for all
- A fun team to be in, with high standards and a culture of transparency and collaboration
- Attractive salary package
- Commission based on performance
- Flexible working hours, location, and async work environment
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Clear targets and clear rewards when you crush them
- Global colleagues who are passionate, hardworking and smart, just like you!
- Constant training and coaching on both Blockchain Technology and Sales
- A fast-growing team that is fired up and passionate about what we do because, well, it is bloody important
- We care about your growth and development and promote lateral and vertical career progression
- Resume screening
- 1st Interview with Recruiter
- 2nd Interview with Hiring Manager
- Take-home assessment
- Assessment review (and potentially an additional follow-up call)
- 3rd Interview with VP of Finance and/or Co-founder
- Reference check