Senior Software Developer
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.
Wolt is more than just a food and retail delivery operation – in fact we are built upon a solid foundation of state-of-the-art technology. Our internal tooling enables us to ramp up new cities efficiently and provide excellent customer service, our own logistics platform allows us to optimise our couriers' work to get you the food you want as fast as possible, and our restaurant platform allows restaurants to offer exciting food experiences for our customers in an optimal way.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!
Picture this. You're in a crowded restaurant during lunch time in the heart of Tel Aviv. Wolt orders are pouring in and the staff is feverishly punching orders into their system and sending them to the kitchen. Couriers are starting to show up and consumers are waiting for their lunches. Wouldn't it be great if this entire process was somehow automated? A perfect seamless experience for everyone without any manual work, besides the cooking of course. Well that's just one of many problems you'd be working to solve in the Merchant API Platform team.
As part of the team, you'll be helping over 30,000 venues across 23 countries by developing API products that allow our merchants to deeply integrate with Wolt. Our team's primary focus is to create self-service APIs that can be used by our merchant partners with little or no-code at their end. As for the merchants, they aren't just restaurants but also supermarkets, grocery chains, or full-fledged retailers.
All in all, you'd be part of a team that improves the Wolt experience by helping our merchants get faster at what they have to do. If that's something that gets you excited, don't hesitate to drop in your application.
Cool stuff about our team:
- Ownership: We handle the whole development process (business logic, testing, database & data streaming, CI/CD, analytics, cloud) ourselves in an autonomous manner. Don’t worry, we’re not alone: We have support from central teams when we need help.
- Technology: We use modern tools and technologies. Current stack in use: Kotlin, Python, MongoDB, Kafka, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Terraform, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Autonomy: We make the decisions as a team! We are free to choose the technology stack and tools and make architectural decisions as a team. No top down decisions!
- Growth: There is a lot of room for learning, teaching and growing together. We will support you with the tools and materials you need.
- Creativity: We’re building something new with minimal technical debt so you can focus on developing new features.
- Flexibility: You can choose whether you want to work fully remote, from the office or hybrid. It’s up to you and we don’t monitor people. We have a dedicated relocation partner to help you move to either Finland or Germany. If you are currently living in Estonia, Denmark or Sweden there is no need for you to relocate should you want to work from home but we will help you if you do want to move.
- Diversity: We have different people with different backgrounds. Cultivating diversity and maintaining different opinions is the key to our success.
Who you are:
- Hands-on: We are looking for people who have several years of experience building high-quality software, APIs and integrations and can handle the whole development cycle all the way to production. Having said that seniority at Wolt is measured by skills, not the amount of years.
- Skilled: We find strong expertise in other JVM backend languages like Java and Scala genuinely relevant. We mostly work with Kotlin, so if you are familiar with Kotlin or willing to switch to Kotlin that’s the perfect place for you.
- Communicator & collaborator: We work closely with our teammates and having a good connection with team members is essential. We understand that everyone has their own unique way of communicating with others. We expect you to be yourself, express your opinions, and work together with the rest of the team.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so feel free to apply as soon as you feel like hearing more about the position and potentially joining Wolt!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and Wolt stock options. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you'll own a piece of the pie.
If you want to check up on your application or have any further questions about the position, you can turn to Talent Acquisition Partner Petteri Tuomimaa at [email protected] at any given time.