Ruby on Rails Developer
Bearer.sh helps security and privacy teams build robust data security controls and comply with privacy laws at scale. Bearer integrates directly into developer’s tools (GitHub, GitLab) to analyze source-code in real-time and create evergreen inventory and data flow map, helping organization reduce their risks. We believe in a world where building software should be a synonym of respecting the security and privacy of everyone’s personal data.
Bearer is backed by the best European VCs (Alven, Point Nine, Partech)
We are looking for an experienced Developer with in-depth experience in Ruby on Rails, who will join our team of developers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver world-class software.
We expect you to have a passion for programming and for writing clean and efficient Ruby code.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Write clean٫ maintainable and efficient code
- Implement features end-to-end using our Design System already in place
- Maintain existing code
- 2-3+ years working in web development with Ruby on Rails
- Good understanding of Relational Databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and ORM (e.g. Active Record)
- Experience with Design Patterns (Service Objects and Interactors)
- Experience of performance and query optimisation
- Experience in a Product company and in a startup environment
- Understand the tradeoff of shipping value to the end user vs making something perfect
- Experience with TDD (RSpec)
- Exceptional learning skills
- Experience with turning Designs into Code
- Exceptional problem solving and ability to work independently
- Professional proficiency in English
- EMEA time zone
Nice to have
- Experience building scalable systems with cloud infrastructures like Heroku or AWS.
- Contributions to open source Ruby gem projects
- Experience with Hotwire
- Our Stack
- Ruby on Rails
- Hotwire (Stimulus, Turbo, Turbo Stream)
- Docker / EKS
- GitHub Actions (CI / CD)
As part of the Bearer team, you will also get:
- A competitive compensation package, with a salary ranging from €60k - €80k/year;
- The chance to join a highly skilled team of software engineers;
- The opportunity to have an impact on a fast-growing organization;
- Work from (almost) anywhere.