Senior C++ Software Engineer
Generate is a Boston-based MIT-spin off technology company with the mission to digitize one of the world’s largest and least digital industries: the 12-trillion-dollar Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) sector.
We are building a software platform to transform the way buildings are designed and built— think SIMs 4, but instead of creating virtual habitats, it will be used to create real-world buildings. If implemented at scale, our technology has the capacity to tackle the global climate and housing crises, by accelerating the deployment of cost-effective, sustainable building materials and systems.
Our team is seeking a Senior C++ Software Engineer rockstar to develop and deploy the technology at scale.
In this role, you will:
- Work as part of a small development team in a lean engineering environment on incremental releases of an upcoming design software with a planned public launch in Q4 2021. You will make significant contributions to the software's structure and features with an ever-present focus on customer needs.
- Provide consistent and valuable technical leadership on major aspects of the product development process — multi-user support, server-client replication, computational geometry, procedural geometry generation, history systems, inferencing and constraint systems, and building information modeling systems.
- Contribute expertise and intuition to monthly feature development workshops, weekly sprint planning meetings, and quick daily-check-ins.
- Engage in open-ended workshop sessions, to get from "a user wants to do X" to "here is how we will implement X, given our project structure."
- Collaborate with our small, cross-functional team of game designers, architects, and designers, communicating the how and why of our development approach.
- Deep, intuitive understanding of C++ and modern software design principles.
- Track record in the software, technology or game industries.
- Experience building and shipping successful products or games.
- Comfort with the lean product development process in a startup environment: including regular pivots, difficult choices about resource prioritization, and an emphasis on product-market fit.
- A drive to understand and solve complex problems with novel, creative, and intuitive solutions.
- An ability to communicate and collaborate well, both virtually and in person.
- Familiarity with version control.
- You are hungry. You are an innovator. You need to make an impact on the AEC industry.
NICE TO HAVES
- With computational and procedural mesh geometry
- With Unreal Engine or Unity3D.
- In the CAD industry (Autodesk, Dassault, OnShape, SolidWorks, etc.).
- In the Video Games industry.
- In the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry.
- With multiplayer games, inventory management systems and item customization systems