Senior Frontend Engineer
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, and brick-and-mortar locations. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. Shopify was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Shopify powers over 1,000,000 businesses in over 175 countries — and here’s how we’ve been helping more merchants survive, thrive, and navigate the impacts of COVID-19.
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe — and engineers play a vital role in building that future. Here are just some of the stories from the engineering teams who build and scale Shopify.
Intrigued? That’s great! We’re looking for Senior Frontend and Mobile Developers to join our team, and maybe you’re the person we’re looking for!
Mobile Development (React Native)
Our Mobile Developers work along with designers and product managers to build and launch new features for our apps. You’ll work on large-scale apps that are ever-changing, enabling entrepreneurship for hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs. Our teams are increasingly working with React Native so openness to cross-platform mobile development is a must!
You’ll work across disciplines and are excited about building human-centered experiences. You’ll work closely with the teams that create compelling content, build awareness of Shopify, and communicate stories about Shopify's role in commerce to a global audience. Or, you might focus on creating thoughtful product interfaces for our users, shape our design language, and contribute to our shared component libraries in a maintainable and scalable way.
What’s in it for you:
- You get to work in a dynamic environment with insanely talented people where new features in large scale products are being shipped regularly
- You will grow your career and competencies working in an environment where learning is paramount and not restricted by budgets or reporting
- We give you the freedom to make your own decisions (we trust our employees and are invested in their success)
A few things we would like you to have:
- A strong knowledge of modern CSS3 (Flexbox, Grid).
- A passion and curiosity to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too.
- Experience with working in a cross-discipline environment with designers and other developers to produce and vet ideas though prototyping early concepts.
It’d be nice if you had experience with:
- Performance optimisation and any tooling to support auditing.
- Server-side development and MVC frameworks (e.g. Laravel, Rails, Django)
- Typescript (or Flow).
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Natalia is an actual real live person and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and working towards a future that is digital by design.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.