Founded in 2009, Dribbble is the top global community for designers and creative professionals and an inspiration destination for over a hundred million people every year. We're empowering creatives around the world to make a living doing what they love. Our mission is to provide support at every stage of a creative's journey; whether that's freelancing, selling their physical and digital goods, or being hired by some of the world's leading design-forward companies.
With many jobs, you have to pick between having a huge impact on the organization (small team) or having a huge impact on the world (big product), but at Dribbble - you get to do both, as part of a highly collaborative team, working on one of the world's top 1000 websites.
At Dribbble, we serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide an accessible candidate experience, and if you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know. We're dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.
We’re building a fully remote team across North America (Canada & the US). We believe that creative collaboration can happen anywhere, and that working remotely shouldn’t have to mean sacrificing a sense of cohesion, community, and connection. We've seen that by combining thoughtful collaboration, frequent communication, and the freedom for people to be their authentic selves, you can do your best work and inspire others to do the same.
About the role:
We're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team and help build the world’s leading marketplace for design — a platform where creators from across the globe buy and sell digital high-quality design assets. We’re passionate about building tools and experiences that make design beautiful, effective, and accessible to everyone. Our platform is used by millions of customers and we’re growing rapidly. We're searching for someone with a passion for solving complex technical problems with elegant solutions, that thrives in a collaborative environment, welcomes feedback and exhibits strong attention to detail.
Our tech stack:
- Our PHP stack is primarily a Laravel(8) monolithic application, along with a custom framework supporting legacy systems.
- We use MySQL as a transactional database, along with Memcached and Redis.
- We write automated tests in PHPUnit that run through our CI/CD pipeline in CircleCI.
- A rich set of tools to support our team with immediate feedback on our efforts, like performance tracking, error reporting, event tracking, automated tests of every commit, and uptime & platform health tracking.
What success looks like:
In 1 month…
- Familiarity with our development practices, codebase, and routinely deploying changes to production.
- Pairing with fellow engineers to brainstorm ideas, debug problems, or review code.
- Asking lots and lots of questions.
In 3 months…
- Increased independence in development lifecycle, maintaining a high standards of quality in design, implementation, and performance.
- Fully participating in product process, such as scoping new projects and writing tickets.
- Adding to our documentation and improving code quality.
In 6 months…
- You’ve been involved in the full product life cycle (ideation, planning, delivering).
- Bringing your experience to retrospectives and other product- and process-improvement conversations.
We're looking for:
- Demonstrated skills with PHP and Laravel.
- Hands-on experience with relational databases (SQL), in-memory databases (Redis, Memcache).
- Hands-on experience with automated testing frameworks such as PHPUnit.
- Knowledge in building and operating software in AWS.
- An understanding in cloud based deployment and rollback patterns.
- Experience in writing technical documentation and communicating via technical design.
At Dribbble, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Dribbble team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- 100% remote: so you can work where you feel most comfortable and inspired.
- Stay healthy: Generous medical and dental for both you and your dependents.
- Relax and unwind: with plenty of paid vacation, and paid sick time for when you need it.
- Celebrate: we observe both US and Canadian holidays - and a whole week of rest in December.
- Family leave: Paid time off for when your family grows.
- Retirement plans: to help you save for the future.
- Fitness fund: to help you feel your very best.
- Equipment fund: so you can deck out your home office.
- Monthly coffee budget: Grab that latte - it’s on us.
- Learning and development: Keep growing with paid courses, books, and conferences.
- Hang out: we get together at least once a year for some in-person face time.
- Pro tools: MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do a great job.