Java Back End Developer
DevGrid is a UK-based high-end software consultancy with its development base in Brazil and operations across Europe and the USA. We believe that world-class software can only be built by a motivated and enthusiastic team, and in an environment that promotes creativity and free-thinking.
This role is a great opportunity for anyone looking to work in a progressive environment and be part of a high-performance international team with lots of opportunities to learn and grow all aspects of your technical and non-tech skills.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement proof of concept and production-ready middleware and back-end services either stand-alone or to be consumed by other applications/layers.
- Debugging and troubleshooting.
- Create extensible, modular middleware/backend services to be used by other layers.
- Research and development in a variety of problem domains.
- Prepare documentation and ensure proper security and compliance with our coding standards.
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Java 8, Spring Boot, SQL, RESTful services, pub/sub, Amazon AWS, Linux/Unix, TDD.
- Experience and knowledge of distributed systems, SOA and microservices architectures.
- Have designed and implemented scalable, distributed application systems.
- Problem-solving, complexity analysis, and algorithm design.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or related, or 7 years equivalent work experience.
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes.
- Cassandra or other NoSQL experience is a plus.
- MQTT, RabbitMQ or Redis.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment a plus.
- Stability and Capacity patterns are a big plus.
- Have worked with international and remote teams.