Backend Engineer (Data Processing)
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and Europe
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
As part of Kraken's Backend Data team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers building Kraken's infrastructure using Rust. As a Backend Engineer in Data Processing, you help design and build Fraud and Security detection systems leveraging Big data pipelines, Machine Learning and Rust.
- Design and implementation of micro-services in Rust
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of risk evaluation and anti-fraud systems, or similar scoring and anomaly detection systems
- Pick and design adequate data processing storage and pipelines
- Work with our Fraud/Data Science team or provide the Data Science know-how to support Product requirements
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience with Rust
- Experience writing network services or asynchronous code
- Python, Java or similar work experience
- Working knowledge using Kafka, Pulsar or similar
- Experience using a Linux server environment
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
A strong candidate will also:
- Be familiar with deployment using Docker
- Have previous work experience on Risk scoring or anomaly detection systems
- Have experience with Machine Learning and its ecosystem
- Have experience with other strongly typed programming languages
- Have experience using SQL and distributed data solutions like Spark, Hadoop or Druid
- Be passionate about secure, reliable and fast software
We're powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.