Potential candidates must reside in Europe due to customer Data Protection legislation.
The successful candidate will be able to work remotely or relocate to our Headquarters in the UK.
If you do not reside in Europe, we thank you for your interest but we cannot accept applications at this time.
About the role
Telecommunications and technology company plan.com requires a talented PHP Developer proficient and experienced with multiple back-end systems.
Working with leading-edge, innovative technology and alongside daring, talented thinkers, you'll help us drive our award-winning tech to the next level. This means continually pushing the boundaries, transforming the industry with every turn.
Working closely with the wider Tech team, the ability to work and communicate well with a team is critical.
The ideal candidate will have strong programming skills, want to work with the latest technologies and fast-track their own career development whilst working at the UK's fastest growing Tech company.
- Maintain a range of existing systems (cron jobs, Gearman tasks, APIs)
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Write efficient, testable, and reusable PHP code
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of PHP 5.6/7
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming
- Understanding the fully synchronous behaviour of PHP Integration of external data sources (MySQL/Redis/Azure Blob Storage)
- Experience of long running scripts (i.e. cron/message queues) Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git