Senior Full Stack WordPress Engineer
Mediavine, a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7,500 websites in the food, travel, lifestyle, and entertainment space, is searching for an experienced Full Stack WordPress engineer.
We're looking for an engineer to work on Trellis, our theme framework. The goal of Trellis to provide an out-of-the-box solution for blazing fast sites, with emphasis on PWA experiences, optimized CSS, and built-in image optimization.
Trellis is supported by a few Node services, so the ideal candidate will have backend experience outside of WordPress/PHP.
As an engineer at Mediavine, you can expect to:
- Contribute to the core Trellis theme, as well as child themes
- Work with our design and product teams to optimize user experiences
- Implement strategies to automate and optimize development
- Work with our QA team to ensure that releases meet requirements
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7500 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren't platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
A candidate must have:
- 4+ years professional experience
- Deep understanding of WordPress, including the hook system and child themes
- Experience working with Git on teams
- Experience with object-oriented PHP
- Experience with Node for backend services
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (we use SCSS)
- Experience working on a fast-moving and asynchronous remote team
Bonus points for:
- Experience with React/Preact, including writing custom Gutenberg blocks
- Experience setting up Webpack configurations
- Experience with CI/CD workflows (we use CircleCI)
- Building against Lighthouse
- Experiences with service workers and PWAs
- Using TDD, including WordPress testing frameworks
- Ownership of/contributions to at least one published theme or core contributions to WordPress itself
- Experience managing small- to mid-sized teams of engineers
- Travel opportunities (remember those?)
- Remote work environment
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Access to experienced engineers
- Generous vacation/PTO policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships (remember gyms?), upgraded flights, cool swag, and more
- Salary: $85k - $95k