Full Stack Developer
Cobblestone Energy is an independent trading firm. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading. Although we have experienced very strong growth so far, we are still near the start of our journey. We have ambitions to go a lot further.
Energy in one form or another is fundamental to almost all the world's economic activities. By understanding the demand, supply, and logistics of these commodities, we can better understand the world.
We specialise in the proprietary trading of the intraday and short-term wholesale electricity markets across Europe. We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country and growing every day. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business. Over the years we have grown organically. As part of our journey to be the best in all markets we enter, we would like to welcome a Full stack Developer into our team. They will already be on a successful career path and looking to take the next step with increased responsibility and be a part of our growth story.
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas
- The team is more important than the individual
- Being the best in any market we enter
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people
- Others must benefit from our existence.
At Cobblestone Energy we are on a mission to build the most advanced European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our technology being used by our teams of commercial traders to create significant value. Being the Senior Front-end Developer of our team, you will work on exciting challenges that come with large-scale data processing, automation, and analytics. We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. We are looking for enthusiastic and resourceful engineers who are passionate about building highly reliable and performance data processing solutions. You want to help the commercial team make data-informed decisions, have a curious mindset, and are motivated to understand our business better. Developing a strong domain knowledge of our industry over time is key to long term success in this role.
This is a rare opportunity to take a leading role in the growth of a major player in the European Electricity Markets. We are looking for someone who would be committed to the long-term success of the business. We operate in the European Energy markets, but our commercial trading operations are in Dubai, UAE. This role will be recruited and on-boarded remotely. Work shall be done from your home country with periodic travels to Dubai in which case Cobblestone Energy shall handle all visa and paperwork issues on your behalf.
We are looking for a senior experienced Full stack developer to join our Tech team at Cobblestone Energy. You will be responsible for the server side of our applications and you will be also participating in setting the right Infrastructure and developing the needed tools for our Analytics.
If you have excellent programming skills, strong problem-solving skills, and a passion for developing and improving applications utilizing cutting edge technologies, then we would like to meet you.
What we offer in this role
- A full-time position on our technology team
- Committed and remarkably talented colleagues.
- Great compensation and rewards
- An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career.
- An opportunity to work on new things from scratch and make independent decisions.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Opportunity for leadership on the technology team and the company
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Refactor existing applications to optimize its performance through setting the appropriate architecture and integrating the best practices and standards.
- Implement scalable, highly available, efficient, and robust end to end solutions.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle covering backend and frontend focusing on coding, debugging, and testing.
- Collaborate with the tech team to ensure that we are utilizing cutting edge technologies that match fully the requirements and expectations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyse, implement, test and ship new features.
- Participate actively in architecture discussions and decisions related to our dev implementations.
- Integrate with third-party data sources through consuming SOAP/REST APIs.
- Mentor the developers and assist in the management of the team.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Masters is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer with backend and frontend responsibilities.
- Experience developing desktop and web applications.
- 3+ years of strong work experience in ReactJS, Redux, VueJS Frameworks.
- Knowledge of AngularJS Framework is a PLUS.
- 2+ years of experience in intensive real-time Applications and web-socket technologies.
- Strong Skills in frontend frameworks/libraries like jQuery, jQueryUI, AJAX, Bootstrap & Chart.js
- Knowledge of CSS pre-compilers like Sass and LESS is preferred.
- 3+ years of work experience in Python
- 3+ years of experience in using AWS cloud and its resources/services.
- 3+ years of experience in developing APIs (REST & SOAP protocols).
- Strong experience with relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-relational databases (MongoDB, Cassandra)
- 2+ years of Experience in Automated Testing Framework targeting unit testing & UI testing.
- Knowledge of Java is a PLUS.
- Autonomous, critical-thinker & problem-solver with a strong analytical mindset.
It can be in our Dubai office or remotely with periodic travel to Dubai.