Senior Software Engineer
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Remote-First, which means that team members can work from anywhere in the U.S. so long as they can work during Vouch core collaboration hours (9 am-3 pm PT Mon-Fri).
Vouch is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Insurance Platform team. The Insurance Platform team builds APIs that underwrite and issue insurance policies. The team also configures and launches all of Vouch’s insurance policies. You will have the opportunity to quickly contribute critical code and help to shape fundamental aspects of our codebase and engineering culture.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, distributed systems, and services
- Help contribute to and scale our services-oriented architecture efforts
- Work on the core infrastructure for our Insurance platform, including launching and managing insurance programs
- Work closely with internal Vouch users to help them develop user-facing interfaces
- Collaborate with team members on priorities and technical specifications
You may be a good fit for the role if you:
- Have 5+ years of development experience
- Have experience building distributed systems and APIs as a product or platform
- Are proficient using Node, Typescript, or Ruby
- Have experience in Postgres or another transactional, relational database system, as well as ability to design schemas.
- Have exceptional communication skills. You can effectively talk (and listen) to engineers, designers, product managers, executives, and other stakeholders.
- Have experience with software engineering best practices such as TDD, SOLID, code reviews, A/B testing, etc.
- Have experience with event based systems, message queues, immutable database design
Tools & Technologies
- TypeScript, Vue.js, Python, Ruby
- Terraform, Consul, Nomad
- Serverless Framework, Docker
- AWS EventBridge, SNS, SQS, Lambda
Put people first. Serve clients with integrity and excellence. Listen, challenge and grow. Face challenges head-on and win as a team.
These values are at the core of our day to day interactions and are essential attributes for all teammates we bring on board. We live these out in very practical ways in our approach to work, collaboration, work-life balance, and goals. We are people above all else and strive to take care of each other, respect each other, and encourage each other to do our best work together.
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)