Senior Node.js Engineer
Fable is a Toronto-based accessibility company that is helping businesses make their digital products and services accessible to a billion people with disabilities worldwide. We've built a platform that connects digital teams to people with disabilities for user research and testing. Our customers include Walmart, Slack, Shopify, and many more.
About the role
We're looking for a Senior Node.js Engineer to lead, develop and manage the backend of our enterprise targeted product.
As a Senior Backend Developer, you'll be expected to:
- Take ownership of our backend development from architecture to code implementation, and develop a strategy to increase efficiency over time.
- Develop a standard and maintain documentation on a regular basis.
- Constantly generate ideas to improve the experience, functionality and platform offerings.
- Collaborate with another senior developer who will lead the front-end development on an ongoing basis.
- Communicate with a variety of stakeholders, technical and non-technical, about the product development on a regular basis.
- Work with our CEO and COO to ensure our technology is on pace to achieve our business milestones.
Qualifications and assets
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise platforms in high-growth organizations;
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience;
- You're a master of Linux, server administration, and you can implement security safeguards;
- A love for technology and an insatiable curiosity for new tools to solve real problems;
- A desire to contribute to a startup that turns a great profit and has a positive social impact.
What's in it for you?
At Fable, you'll join a vibrant and rapid growth environment where you'll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, socially driven, inclusive, collaborative, and respectful. We offer great benefits such as stock options, career progression, professional development, health/dental benefits, and more.