We are currently looking for a full-stack engineer who can make complex systems understandable, who loves working according to the latest standards and takes pride in delivering nothing but high-quality PHP and React code.
Madewithlove is helping clients with hiring
We, madewithlove, don’t content ourselves with the products our clients want; we develop the products we know they need. We love challenges. We bring new juice to projects that seem to jam and we have the heart and the stomach to bring the most complex projects to the finish line. We also shape our client's teams shape to happy, productive and safe environments. This is also why we help our clients with hiring the right people and we've published this job offer.
We specifically encourage underrepresented groups to apply for us. We believe in the strengths of well-balanced, and mixed teams and hope our applications will attract a broader audience, no matter the gender, religion, race, age, disability, linguistic differences, socioeconomic status, or sexual orientation. Read more about our efforts towards a more inclusive and diverse environment.
- You protect our company values in and outside the company walls and you politely speak out when they are not followed. You embrace diversity, inclusivity and (e)quality.
- You know where information can be found and actively search for it. You can think for yourself and challenge the information you find. You don't hesitate to ask questions because others know things you don't. You document everything and in such a way that everybody can understand what is happening and why.
- Although you can work independently and efficiently, you like to work in a team environment and you don't mind working on several projects simultaneously. You make sure that everybody in your team feels safe to give their opinion and you value every team member's input. Once a group decision is made, you act as a team member by following the architecture, the processes and coding standards as agreed upon.
- You do what you promise and you take ownership of tasks. You always try to go for the best quality possible with respect of timing and budget. You understand the why of decisions and you suggest improvements when you see an opportunity.
- You always aim for quality so you actively and consistently strive to expand your knowledge, both technical and non-technical. You like sharing your knowledge with colleagues and the world through different channels (blogging, presentations, group discussions, ...). You are able to give others honest, constructive and actionable feedback. Credit is assigned accurately and generously.
- You can communicate clearly, taking into account who your audience is. You are always honest, sometimes brutally so, but you are aware of the situation and always stay polite. You know which is the right channel for each message or question.
- You are a PHP expert.
- You are a React expert.
- You know how to handle state, routing & side-effects with React.
- You have experience setting up tooling for a modern web app.
- Proper coding architecture is what makes you happy (e.g. MVC, SOLID).
- You are keen on quality assurance and automated tests.
- Version control (e.g. Git) is something you couldn’t miss anymore.
- Your English must be very good, both oral and written. We still like accents though.
- You know your way around mobile development and SDK’s
- You have experience in financial services
- You have experience with other front-end frameworks (e.g. Angular, Vue.js, Ember).
- You have experience with Typescript and/or Flow.
- You have a weak spot for performance & accessibility
- You have something valuable to add when discussing UI and/or UX matters.
- You have some experience with PHP.
- Conference stages feel like home to you.
- The open-source community treats you like a celebrity.
Nothing personal, but...
- You live and work in the range of time zone UTC-05:00 and UTC+03:00. Since we have already people working in these time zones, stretching it further to UTC+04:00 would make working together no longer efficient in our opinion.
- From a legal perspective, non-Belgian engineers are always hired as self-employed or independent workers. Engineers with the Belgian nationality will always be hired as employees.
Where will I be working?
This job posting is not with madewithlove, but instead with one of our clients whom we consciously chose to work with. We have many opportunities ready but will share these with you in the first step of the hiring process. You will get some time after the phone screen to explore our client's website and have a look who they've already worked for and with what kind of beautiful and talented people you will be working alongside.