Engineering Manager (SRE)
At Netlify, we're building a platform to empower web developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We're aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 800,000 developers worldwide.
We recently raised $53M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This round was led by the EQT Ventures with participation from existing investors Andreessen Horowitz & Kleiner Perkins. This brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $97M to date. Other past investors include Bloomberg Beta, Designer Fund, and Tank Hill Ventures, as well as the founders of Figma, GitHub, Slack and Yelp.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~43% woman or non-binary, and are composed of about half as many nationalities as we are team members.
About the role
The role breaks down into three big parts:
- Expansion: We are rapidly hiring and we need to expand the team. You will help us continue to build a diverse and inclusive team. This involves identifying skills the team needs, shepherding candidates through the hiring process, and building a more reliable, unbiased, and fair hiring process.
- Delivery: Balancing technical debt and new features is always nuanced. You will partner with the product management team to manage this balance in accordance with the needs of the business. You will help define a project management process to help delivery and predictability with the goal of continuously shipping code to production.
- Cultivation: You'll be instrumental in growing the careers of the individual engineers on your team. This means being their advocate and helping guide them in the direction they want. It also means being a culture driver on the team, fostering a positive, trusting, and supportive team.
- We have a small headquarters in San Francisco but we are a largely distributed engineering team. You will need to enable the team to work productively across different timezones. Fostering good habits of documentation, empathy, integrity to delivery on committed work are some of the key elements for success on our team. Experience working and managing remote teams is a big plus.
- Experienced manager of a technical backend team, especially around infrastructure development
- Understanding of how engineering teams collaborate and track a project delivery
- Familiarity, or willingness to learn, about the underlying system architecture of a PaaS (e.g. APIs, databases, distributed systems)
- Commitment to designing a hiring process that is fair, efficient, and repeatable
- Communicate priorities and expectations to both team and leadership
- Passion for mentorship and advocacy for your team members in their career development
- Ability to work across multiple timezones with remote colleagues
- A desire to succeed personally through the health and success of the team
About the team
The SRE team works as a support for the whole organization, from the different engineering groups to the sales and stability of the product. While we do oversee the incident management framework, we work to minimize the number of incidents via automation and tooling for the larger engineering team. The SRE team will focus on two big areas: stability and enablement.
Stability because the SRE team is the frontline defense around issues and outages (e.g. cloud crashes, DDoS). The team will build the tooling needed to respond to these incidents and be prepared for the unexpected. This includes a 24/7 on-call rotation and working with other teams to prepare for incidents (e.g. more observability, alerting framework)
Enablement because the team provides some of the core services that the rest of engineering relies on (e.g. kafka, kubernetes). They also empower developers to ship their code to production in a safe and repeatable way. This means working on different developer tools to provide more observability, better testing capabilities, and a smoother deployment process. Much of this is done by writing and using tools to further automation of rote or dangerous tasks.
Right now the team is split between US and EU timezones to provide follow the sun coverage. Often coordination will have to take into account lag, timezones, and autonomy. The goal being to have SRE resources available whenever the company needs them.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
With your application, please include: A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify. A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.