Front End Developer
OSS Global is looking to hire a full-time or contract Front End Developer, working primarily on client-facing consulting projects. We are headquartered in Austin, TX but we are a distributed team so the position can be remote. U.S. Time zones preferred.
Who we are
OSS Global is a leading provider of open source technology talent worldwide. We help organizations recruit exceptional full-time and contract individuals to meet a broad range of technology needs. In partnership with OpenTeams, we support some of the world’s largest companies in bringing new and innovative solutions to market. We cultivate a culture of do-ers, learners, and collaborators. We are looking for people who are motivated, humble, curious, and respectful of others.
The Ideal Team Member
- Works well both independently and as part of a community
- Who is adaptable, humble, and interested in making an impact
- Act as a front end development lead, independently work closely with members of the demo environment team to deliver a streamlined user experience
- Write cutting-edge frontend code using JS/HTML/CSS within client-side MVC frameworks
- Work with the demonstration program manager to offer guidance and technical feasibility of internal customer requests
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS/JS with Bootstrap and JQuery
- Experience with D3.js or similar data visualization libraries
- “Full-stack” mentality; ability to write back-end code in Python preferred
- Experience working and scripting within multiple operating systems
- Past work building web applications in a real-world setting
- Excellent problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Experience developing software for enterprise
- Experience with systems interoperability, integration, and networking
- Knowledge of data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
Why you should join
You'll become an important part of a collaborative, remote-first team. We are a passionate and ambitious team, with a proven record of success building multiple companies. We strive to provide a working environment that gives you room to learn and grow. OSS Global is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for recruitment, interviews, employment, training, compensation, promotion, and related activities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any and all other protected classes and in accordance with all applicable laws.
We offer competitive compensation, and for full-time hires, a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible paid time off. We offer flexibility in work times and locations. Vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated and modeled.