Moz is looking for a Software Developer to join the User Services team, responsible for building applications to support all invoicing, charging, and subscription-management for Moz products.
We are an office optional company. This position can be fully remote from anywhere within the USA. We're also open to having folks be based out of our Seattle, WA office.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected.
What you’ll do
- Deliver software against the subscription and payments problem-space using using Node.js and SQL.
- Work collaboratively with the engineers on the User Services team to ensure quality and performance of the systems through code reviews, documentation, analysis and enforce engineering best practices to ensure high-quality software.
- Contribute to our devops culture by maintaining our systems, including creating documentation, runbooks, monitoring and alerting, integration tests, etc.
- Maintain SLAs for our applications, add logging, metrics and alerts to ensure errors are proactively identified and corrected.
- Take turns in the on-call rotation, handling systems and operations issues as they arise including responding to off-hours alerts.
- Build internal administrative tools for customer support, account management, and other business users.
- Understand and embrace our core values: Transparency, Accountable, Generous, Fun, Empathetic and Exceptional.
Experience we want to see
- Prior experience as a software engineer with an emphasis on backend systems development.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience working with API design and distributed backend systems.
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team.
- Experience working in an AWS environment.
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world-class quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made.