Senior Frontend Developer
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to help build the next generation of web applications.
This is a completely remote opportunity within Canada and USA.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- Develop new and modern web applications
- Drive the team to deliver engaging web experiences for our customers
- Write clean and reusable code using modern web development practices (componentization, testing, documentation, code reviews)
- Support and mentor other developers on the team
- Collaborate with backend developers to engineer RESTful APIs
- Make technical decisions based on analysis, discussion and agreement with the team
Minimum qualifications for the position are:
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS and its preprocessors.
- Skilled in frontend software design patterns such as data binding, objects, promises, and modules
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in incorporating accessibility into web applications
- Experience creating responsive web applications for various devices and screen sizes
- Experience in assessing security considerations within web applications
- Experience in using modular and reusable code and components
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team
Great communication skills:
- You can explain complex ideas in a simple way
- You document your work clearly
- You are empathetic and you can give and take constructive criticism to help you and your team to grow
Nice to have:
- Have worked in an agile software development environment
- Experience with performance optimization on the frontend
- Experience working on backend systems.
- Experience with other programming languages such as python
- Experience with bash, docker, npm, git and git-based workflows
- Experience working on SQL and RDBMSs
- Experience working with designers on new features and flows