Tackle is the leading solution built to help software companies generate revenue through a data-driven Cloud go-to-market (Cloud GTM). Our Platform and our team come together to help our customers identify the right buyers, grow cloud co-sell relationships, and transact efficiently at scale through AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft, and Red Hat.
Tackle works with more than 500 software companies including Auth0, CrowdStrike, HashiCorp, Lacework, New Relic, Snyk, VMware, and many more at every stage—from companies scaling their go-to-market to the largest software companies in the world. We are venture backed by three of the world's top SaaS investors—a16z, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Coatue—to execute on our mission to positively transform the way that software is sold.
You’d be a good fit if you value:
- Progress over process
- Treating one another fairly
- Pragmatic solutions
- Flexible, remote first culture
- Light-weight process and high autonomy
As a Fullstack Engineer at Tackle, you will be a part of a well-funded, fully remote, growth-stage company helping shape the way that software is bought and sold in the Cloud Marketplaces (AWS, GCP, Azure and Red Hat). We are built on the foundation that a 100% remote team can be the healthiest, happiest and most productive; from the beginning we have been intentionally building a phenomenal culture that ensures everyone feels connected no matter where they are working from. Our platform has enabled some of the software industry’s most successful names to get listed, start selling, and scale their Cloud Marketplace operations.
Tackle’s Engineering team is growing, and we are looking for talented engineers to craft solid and reliable software at a sustainable pace. We balance consistent innovation and improvement of existing products with new and exciting greenfield projects. You will work in an exciting, positive environment surrounded by kind, talented, creative people. Tacklers have a bias to action, and we act without ego; in all interactions we know it is critical to respect, value and support each other. We succeed and fail as a team, with a mindset of pursuing success instead of avoiding failure. Wellness is a critical pillar of the company and we live this value in a variety of ways, with empathetic servant leadership at every level and flexible working hours to ensure a healthy work-life harmony.
Developer experience at Tackle is rewarding; we work with modern toolchains and pipelines, where code is deployed to production multiple times per day. In this role you will build multi-tiered applications that are resilient and performant, allowing our customers to easily [sell/scale/partner] to achieve success in the Marketplaces. Working on a development team at Tackle, expect to grow and evolve as an engineer by building and executing on a detailed growth plan tailored to your interests and aspirations.
In This Role You Will:
- Be a part of an autonomous team of 4-9 engineers and an engineering manager set on a pathway to build, enhance and maintain existing areas of the Tackle platform.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Write code that is focused on scalability, testability, securability, supportability and maintainability.
- Own your code start to finish, take pride in what you build.
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in thorough code reviews and troubleshooting complex issues.
- Mentor less experienced software engineers and learn from those who are more experienced to set the standard for the next generation of Tacklers.
- Be curious - strive to understand how your contributions tie into the larger picture of your team, your product and Tackle as a whole.
- Welcome different perspectives - be open and inclusive in every interaction.
You Should Have:
- Previous professional experience building modern, scalable and high-performing backend services in either Python, Go, NodeJS.
- Development experience leveraging either SQL (Postgres or MySQL) or NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB) for data storage.
- Previous professional experience with React, HTML5, CSS and visualization libraries.
- Have a strong understanding of how to build intuitive, responsive UIs that delight the customer.
- Desire to hold yourself and the team to high standards while evaluating technical trade-offs and delivering balanced solutions.
- Are self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Have a positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Will thrive in a fully remote organization where flexible schedules require asynchronous communication.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written form.
You Will Stand Out:
- Professional working experience deploying applications and managed services within AWS.
- Have experience building RESTful APIs in Python using the Flask or FastAPI frameworks.
- Professional experience writing Go services.
- Have experience with PostgreSQL and/or DynamoDB.
- Used Docker or serverless technologies.
- Have experience authoring in TypeScript.
- Have experience working with GraphQL and RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with react-query, CSS in JS, Storybook, React Testing Library or Webpack
- Have an eye for quality and have an interest in using tools/frameworks like Enzyme, Prettier, ReactTestRenderer, Jest, Cypress.
- Deployed and released software with CI/CD using CircleCI.
- Familiarity building UI components collaboratively with UX teammates practicing atomic design principles.
- Have a robust public portfolio in GitHub.
- Previously worked in a remote-first company.
- Have experience working in a rapidly scaling organization.