Full Stack Engineer
Zapier has been growing rapidly over the course of the last couple of years and we are continuing to grow as we drive toward our mission to democratize automation! The current growth includes multiple openings across several teams and we’re looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join us!
As we continue our journey toward modern microservices architecture and scale of our platform, you’ll be part of a team that enables the future growth of our products and services. As a Full Stack Engineer you’ll leverage Python and Node.js to create, consume and expose APIs and web services, as well as building components in React.
Are you interested in collaborating with incredibly smart people to build great software that connects thousands of different web applications? Then read on.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
- You know how to build scalable web apps. You have at least 4+ years of software development building web-based software products. You’ve worked across the stack, and though you may know more front-end frameworks or building web services, you can dive into any aspect of an application. Zapier is built on Python, Django, React, Node.js, and AWS. It’s a big plus if you have experience with languages and frameworks.
- You know how to build frontend components. You’ve used a modern frontend framework to develop frontend components. You value user experience and think about reuse as well.
- You love great UX. You spend most of your time coding but are driven by solving user needs. You contribute to design and product strategy discussions with a broad understanding of both the constraints and opportunities created by technology.
- You value code quality. You understand that testing your code and good code coverage is essential in delivering a solid product. You know how to document well and lean on automation whenever possible. You have an understanding of tech debt and can formulate a plan to address it, but know how to ship production-ready code.
- You have a systems-oriented mindset. You're inquisitive. You build a deep understanding of problems and are good at spotting patterns. You understand how to design and implement end-to-end software systems.
- You value our values. At Zapier, our values are at the heart of how we work together and how we think about our customers. In our remote setting, they help develop trust and ensure we work and collaborate together to democratize automation. You see how these values can empower meaningful work, you thrive in a collaborative setting, you are eager to continue growing and you’re excited to be part of the team.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a fast-growing, remote-first company. You'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Building and scaling web products that directly impact our customers or partners.
- Developing frontend components and UIs that are reusable and highly performant.
- Translate several RESTful data sources to be used in a front-end application
- Run experiments and tests to learn what techniques work best at keeping users engaged and informed
- Monitor reliability and performance through dashboards and tools to ensure availability
- Dig into bugs and feature requests
- Work with teams and stakeholders across Zapier - marketing, partnerships, companies - to help them deliver value to customers in new and exciting ways
- Help other engineers on the team and across Zapier
As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
For the past nine years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have a big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Remote in Europe
Our team of 350+ is distributed (remote) because it lets us work with the best people. We have team members that live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! While we can hire many roles in locations anywhere in the world, some require specific timezone fits.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies