Stuart (Geopost Group) is an eco-friendly last-mile delivery company that connects retailers and e-retailers to a fleet of geo-localised couriers across several countries in Europe.
Build the future of logistics for a more sustainable world: shared, efficient and reliable, as conscious consumers value more and more environmental responsibility besides the speed of delivery and convenience.
Stuart is growing to fulfil that vision. In 2020 we doubled in size and continue to grow strong.
We are a melting-pot of 450 people working from Paris 🇫🇷, London, Barcelona, Madrid, Poland and remote.
More than 2 000 companies work with us already across Food, Grocery, Retail and Pharmacy to deliver all types of goods, among which essentials for people on lockdown/self-isolating because of the coronavirus. We are at the right moment and the right place to make an impact on millions of people, as home delivery services hit a record high.
We are looking for a Ruby Engineer to help build a complex but stable real-time logistics system in Ruby.
You will join a highly distributed international team of 45 Platform Engineers and work with Emili, Lee, Sean, Xavier and many more talented developers.
We have a very helpful and collaborative team culture where engineers support each others' efforts via regular pairing, internal demos, taking online classes together, mentoring & running internal conferences several times a year.
- Engineers at Stuart operate as part of cross-functional teams and so help define, improve, build, and deliver features collaboratively alongside other colleagues from other disciplines (such as Data, Mobile, Frontend, QA, DevOps etc).
- Design, develop, test and implement new features on the company's platform services i.e. The REST and GraphQL API and all the services which support them.
- We believe in being responsible for the code we write in production so our engineers invest time in producing good metrics, logging & observability to ensure features achieve their goals and work optimally. We operate a flexible on-call policy within each service team with extensive training and no expectation to participate until each team member is fully integrated.
- There is also the opportunity to take part in additional departmental efforts such as hiring, running community talks, defining team processes and other such ways to contribute to culture and growth on the team.
- Industry experience working on backend systems.
- Experience with Ruby/Rails in production.
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Fluent in English (we do offer English classes to help non-native speakers improve their skills).
Want to put a smile on our face?
- Experience with Elixir
Not sure if this is you?
We understand that experiences are broad and come from many places. We appreciate that everyone potentially has something to contribute to our team and we'd still love to hear from you if your background doesn't completely match!
- Salary: €45k-75k per year (depending on prior experience)
- Fast career progression
- Great office 8 avenue des Ternes 75017 Paris - we are looking for new bigger offices in Paris for the end of the year
- Flexible hours, autonomy, remote from France, Spain or the UK possible
- Meal vouchers - Restaurant Tickets
- Monthly gym allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class
- Excellent private medical insurance
- Stuart Academy to develop your skills
- Additional benefits through the CSE
- And much more - our HR team is constantly implementing new initiatives