Senior Software Engineer
Want to use everything you know about, and believe is possible with technology to change how people think about mortgages - a major life milestone and their biggest financial commitment?
We’re Mojo Mortgages.
We’re an award-winning start-up recently acquired by RVU - the owners of Uswitch.com, Money.co.uk and Confused.com - who share our vision to put the customer at the centre of everything to do with mortgages.
We’ve done well so far, and our customers love us - there is a 4.7 rating on Trustpilot and a Best British Broker Awards to prove it.
Now, we’ve some really ambitious growth plans as we look to shake up a trillion-pound sector. And that’ll be down to you.
We are seeking a Senior Engineer to help our mission. You'll be working in a cross-discipline team with a modern tech stack and a platform powering multiple brands and implementing everything you know and everything you'll learn to change our operational experience and improve customer care across the whole £1tn industry.
The things we look for in you:
- You want to grow within your career and are looking for a place that lets you have an immediate, meaningful impact - we deploy up to 150 times a day
- Care about the product life cycle and the customer's lifetime value - without our customers, we wouldn’t have a business.
- Passionate about accessibility, performance, UX, and A/B testing
- Pragmatic and deliver thoughtful and awesome solutions to solve business problems
- Have had experience or want to have experience working in diverse, cross-functional agile teams - we value people that want to push themselves into unknown territories
- Have a deep understanding of web applications and the surrounding stacks
- We aren’t wedded to languages, but you should know how an application works for a customer Our systems encompass flavours of React frontends to a variety of backend systems running on Node.js either deployed on AWS Lambdas or running on AWS EKS. Whilst we don’t expect you to know all of these, the following are part of our tech stack and you’ll almost certainly have to work with them:
- React. We use React for our customer journey.
- Serverless Framework. We’re really big on serverless approaches for building our APIs. Most of our APIs run on lambdas.
- Typescript. Most of our stuff (backend and frontend) is written in Typescript.
- CI/CD. As developers, we handle all of our own build pipelines and deployments.
- AWS/DevOps: All of our infrastructure is running on AWS. There’s too much to list here, but you’ll definitely run into lambdas, API gateways and SQS queues, EKS and Terraform!
- CLI Tools. You don’t need to be a Bash wizard, but our internal tooling depends on the command line, and life would be much easier if you can find your way around.
Here are some of the Mojo benefits:
- Remote working available
- Flexi time
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension via People's Pension
- Sick pay and sick pay insurance
- Wellness programme from Able Futures